All in a mornings work for an ms250..

wisecobandit

Got called off work today as it was quiet so decided this morning I would dig out the ms250 and clear an overgrown hedge.

Ive said it before and I will say it again I think they are very under rated due to being in the hobby/houseowner saw range but for hedging I find the lightweight v power ideal.

6 hours ended up with a result of 4 bonfire heaps of decent size! Ok I did cheat and didn't drag it by hand :thumbup: but did have a few ciggy breaks etc due to the sea views and the cold.

A few dodgy pics (weather was misty and dull etc so not great quality)

spring_zps4gwnpcvm.jpg

spring%202_zpswa9h0bey.jpg

spring%201_zpsgc2e34h1.jpg

Well I'll agree with you :biggrin:

Better power to weight than a MS240 or 242xp :thumbup1:

First impression was how smooth it cut compared to my Husky on 73LP:001_rolleyes:

Don't know how long they lasted in commercial use.:confused1:

Lately I've been using a MS170 for hedge "slaying" that I repaired for a mate.:thumbup1:

It's so light - sharp chain and a slight muffler mod its my weapon of choice for 4" and under.I'm reluctant to give it back now.:blushing:

Ive got stihl rsc full chisel 3/8 lp chain on mine and only briefly sharpened it once.

I used to use a 170 whilst in the hedge laying and it was ideal, light enough to stick outside the hedge and grab 1 handed when required and sling around and not tire yourself out. That said I don't find the 250 much heavier to use and the extra power comes in handy on the bigger stuff.

I rebuilt a 1997 023 a few months ago which got used 3 days a week since the day it was bought new and altho its had a few fuel lines.impulse lines and carb kit its the first time the engines ever been opened up so its done over 25 years! The big end on the crank was worn right out yet still ran fine just noisey. If looked after it just goes to show they will last.

Ive got stihl rsc full chisel 3/8 lp chain on mine and only briefly sharpened it once.

I used to use a 170 whilst in the hedge laying and it was ideal, light enough to stick outside the hedge and grab 1 handed when required and sling around and not tire yourself out. That said I don't find the 250 much heavier to use and the extra power comes in handy on the bigger stuff.

I rebuilt a 1997 023 a few months ago which got used 3 days a week since the day it was bought new and altho its had a few fuel lines.impulse lines and carb kit its the first time the engines ever been opened up so its done over 25 years! The big end on the crank was worn right out yet still ran fine just noisey. If looked after it just goes to show they will last.

Do you mean Picco Super ?:confused1:

I like to put a tank of fuel through any saw that I've fixed, must have put 20 or more through this one.:lol: