Going back in time and giving yourself advice

Tree Lc

What else would you say to yourself?

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put something you value very highly.

Why does it always have to be wrapped up in mush like "what you'd like to tell your past self" and not just "what I wish I'd done instead of wasting my time" :001_rolleyes: When you are young you are not thinking like a mature adult and if you went back and told yourself what to do you would probably tell yourself where to go with your future advice :biggrin:

When you are young you are not thinking like a mature adult and if you went back and told yourself what to do you would probably tell yourself where to go with your future advice :biggrin:

Spot on :lol: It's not like there wasn't family and friends who'd been there done that, who most of us probably chose to ignore cos we knew best :001_tt2:

Lottery numbers, I keep them written down on a bit of paper and always kept in my pocket. This way, when some crazy old professor in a DeLorean screeches up next to me and says "wanna go for a ride kid?" I'm ready!

That, and lifting, always get someone else to lift that heavy object/log/sofa etc.:thumbup1:

I would take the opportunity to track down a certain Mr. Silky on the day his "silky saved the day" :thumbup:

Funny enough . . .

I only offered our children gentle counsel, let them make their own mistakes (like staying up all night when quite young, having friends stay over, get drunk etc.

and never judgmental.

I seems to have worked with 2 well adjusted adults now in their early 20,s

Cos

Hey I remember thinking "That ould Git, wot does he know"

When offered well meant advice as a young man.

Sigh.

Iffen i could just fit this 55 year old brain into and 18 year old body I could really enjoy my wasted University years.

Oh!

And would not have abused and damaged my back.

Despite them ould fogies telling me "Dinny do that son, youll hurt yersel"

Done Ould pechles, whatta they know:lol: