Fence post lifespan

madbopper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for that Paul it looks the nuts mate.

I manage their Scottish depot. Clipex is the best thing to hit the fencing industry since Noah built the Ark. Cost effective, quick to erect with minimal machinery and a 30 year guarantee. OK I do work for them, but it is an honest view from someone who has first hand experience of it. Tell me where you are located and I'll give you the number of your nearest depot.

Has anyone tried this Tuffdip Fence Post Protection ??

Yes. We're testing it on the posts for our dead hedge, which is 250m.

The posts are Sitka Spruce and usually have a very short lifespan/ especially where they are in contact with moisture/ just above ground level.

We put the posts in a year ago so it's too early to say how well they do, or don't.

All the posts are very solid so far.

It's easy to apply and is safe.

I'm quite impressed with it, and will use it again.

I would beware of clipex fine for a temporary fence 3-5 years,

But would not make permanent fence , you cannot use any mesh only their own mesh.

Totally wrong on both counts. Why give a 30 year guarantee on a post for temporary fencing :confused1: It can be used with any net which fits. It was initally produced to fit X Fence which is the most durable net on the planet. It will also fit our own net but will also fit any net which has the same spec. I take it from your comment that you have no first hand experience of Clipex ?