Any idea how much usable wood is in these?

Woodworks

I personally wouldn't pay anything, there's an awful lot of work there getting that converted into saleable firewood. And as stated they're very nasty to deal with, that first one is going to malky the fence and possibly end up sitting back onto stump or maybe even slightly beyond

+1, can't pay for that.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't see how big the branches are but for a guess I would say four to five cube in each. There is way too much work and dangerous to do it free. We have found out in the past also typical hedgerow tree will be riddled with nails. I would get him to pay you at least £300 each tree and get timber free.

Message getting through loud and clear chaps :001_smile:

Not dealt with such large awkward hardwood before so safety will be paramount.

Plan of attack was clear what is safe and not under much load and get mate in with JCB to flip them onto their trunks. Sounds like I should not offer anything just clear for free but if ballibeg is right that's 8 tonne of wood that would cost me £400 to buy in. If it takes me 3 days to do it's still worth the hassle.

Meh, Ah dinny like the look of all the Ivy on the second wan.

But the first un looks like an enjoyable Jenga type challange for me an the wee 026.

A nibble here an a snick there, after getting rid of all the easily identifible non-load bearing branchs, and treat gravity as a friend.

I would be too slow to make it a paying proposition, esp if I hadda consult Mr. Guiness during the process.

But fun none-the-less.

He should be paying you. If it was worth anything, why didn't the guy who felled them clear up? I'd say you want c£550 to clear that lot up safely. You've then got all that wood and you're part way to a load of easy firewood on a wagon. If he can't pay, walk away.

Because the guy who felled has no interest in the wood and was only asked to fell due to him having a gert big winch. If I ask £550 I will not get £400 worth of wood. I am certain others around here will do the job for free. Think if I asked £550 they would piss themselves laughing.