Bonfire At Yard

mowandgo

The closest nieghbor I do there hedges and lawn I let them park there trailer in the field and get on resonably well with them and feel they would ask me to calm down the fire if they got anoyed with it. The other property is 300 yards away and they have loads of junk laying about and have fires themselfs. I simply do not know who it was I would allways perfer them to ask me first to calm fire down rather than straight to the council I am very aproachable and polite and would always listen. I only burn around once a month ocasonaly twice maybe. I might knock the fires on the head keep every one happy time for me to buy a CS 100.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use accelerants very sparingly, filling a tyre with diesel is usually enough.

Back in the day, when using tyres to start a fire and then quickly heaping brash on to lighten the colour of the smoke, anyone who knew the job used a cup of petrol. Petrol reacted with the rubber quicker and got it burning whereas diesel just burned itself out unless large amounts were used.

Kids set our crap pile on fire in the middle of summer! i got some right grief from the houses at the end of the lane as wind was blowing their way! we always light it when the wind is going the other way as their is just open fields there.