Crap in your eye ....

Stubby

19 minutes ago, Rushes said:

Reading this topic I am so grateful for the NHS.

Remember that nutter in the States that shot from a window in Las Vegas and killed 58 and injured hundreds more? Well if the injured can prove the hotel was negligent in letting him stay their insurance will pay - otherwise better hope your insurance is good enough.

Here you can get hurt through others stupidity, bad luck, your own stupidity or your teams and still you get fixed up . No having to sell your house because the insurance thing didn't quite work out.

Which is why you should have comprehensive health insurance if you live in a free market country, which you can afford due to the lower tax rates, which the state can afford, because they don't have to finance a massively expensive public health system. And you won't have to wait 8 months for treatment and die on a waiting list. And if you are too poor to have insurance, then you can still get free treatment in A&E. Of course, you might have to carve your own prosthesis, after they release you... Swings and roundabouts.

I use these when carving. Huge improvement on anything else in have tried. Only downside is either so tight they leave a decent mark on your face or bit gap which the odd thing can find it's way past.

Have you tried the close fit uvex with foam, same as pic above but have a foam barrier for against your face instead of rubber. Obviously slightly better breathability against the skin too. Yeah they attract a bit of sawdust but it literally just brushes off. Will post a pic at work tomoz of a pair.
  • Like 1

On 30/01/2019 at 22:58, Haironyourchest said:

Which is why you should have comprehensive health insurance if you live in a free market country, which you can afford due to the lower tax rates, which the state can afford, because they don't have to finance a massively expensive public health system. And you won't have to wait 8 months for treatment and die on a waiting list. And if you are too poor to have insurance, then you can still get free treatment in A&E. Of course, you might have to carve your own prosthesis, after they release you... Swings and roundabouts.

A good Question - what would you consider a good quote for insurance? 

I think your post suggests that you wish to pay twice what you currently are taxed.

I did a quick google and saw that health cost a UK person $4k per annum and a US person $10k. So if you were a victim of the Vegas shooting it would have costed you more and if you had no insurance it costed you what you were billed to bunkruptcy. In the UK it cost you what you had always paid.

I still say that I am so grateful for the NHS. It isn't perfect, it accommodates saving people and it is free when you need it and costs half of what the US charges [but if you are rich it probably doesn't matter]

I don't understand your post or reasoning.

42 minutes ago, Rushes said:

A good Question - what would you consider a good quote for insurance? 

I think your post suggests that you wish to pay twice what you currently are taxed.

I did a quick google and saw that health cost a UK person $4k per annum and a US person $10k. So if you were a victim of the Vegas shooting it would have costed you more and if you had no insurance it costed you what you were billed to bunkruptcy. In the UK it cost you what you had always paid.

I still say that I am so grateful for the NHS. It isn't perfect, it accommodates saving people and it is free when you need it and costs half of what the US charges [but if you are rich it probably doesn't matter]

I don't understand your post or reasoning.

That's OK, a lot of people don't...

Had a few grinder sparks over the years and if you leave them too long the A&E will have to drill them out which is a bit weird as you hear the little drill hitting the metal. Last time I was in they told me to go to an optician as they are paid by the NHS to handle emergencies