Need advice on who to get advice from....

jeffreynevil

Hello fellow arborists!

So I have a problem and I don't know who can fix it... This forum seems the best place to find out!

My friend has inherited a farm through his family, a very big one! It's absolutely gorgeous and the land begins in Lewes near Brighton. As gorgeous as it may be agriculturally it needs a lot of TLC (Tender Loving Care).

This subject takes my interest so i'm excited to help although I do not have enough experience or knowledge on everything that needs sorting! For example:

The tree's need a serious inspection I have no idea of the possible diseases etc they could have so any tree surgeon contractor/ tree pruning type of service would be great, its a big job he has a lot of trees..

Also Tree stump removal.. Sure there are many companies that do this and yet again its a big job he has/had a lot of trees, is there any companies that you guys are aware of around these areas?

A personal recommendation would be fantastic. I have heard Dave Ford Tree Care in surrey? Also Geall Tree Surgery but I haven't had any personal recommendations from them, and we want a reliable company.

There are many more things that we need to fix, but that is all on the agricultural side, to another forum I will go!

Thanks in advance

Lucky chap would love to get back down that way it's me and my girls old stomping ground !

Stump removal locally would be someone like http://www.jhvartanstumpremoval.com good chap !

Sam at town and country tree services is a good port of call for the tree work he has lots of contacts in the industry too !

http://townandcountrytreeservices.co.uk

Take into account target area under each tree, if no people go there means there is no\low risk, meaning no work required.( from a health & safety point of view)

I'd second that, but the right consultant should also listen to the wider needs such as shelter, screening, shade, root protection from livestock trampling and excreta etc. and also any pests and diseases and sanitation required to protect overall tree stock, thinning required for optimum timber production, availability of grants for planting or management etc etc.

I'd say find out what's there and what your friend's farming objectives are (trees are crops too) and take it from there.

I'd start with an arboricultural consultant. Get a safety/tree management survey done, which will prioritise any trees that pose risks, identify any diseased or damaged trees and should allow you to program works over a longer term.

There's no point doing anything until you know what you've actually got.

Ah I see, i was planning on getting a tree surgeon contractor but that sounds right. I like your thinking! I will have a look around

Lucky chap would love to get back down that way it's me and my girls old stomping ground !

Stump removal locally would be someone like http://www.jhvartanstumpremoval.com good chap !

Sam at town and country tree services is a good port of call for the tree work he has lots of contacts in the industry too !

Home - Tree Services Tree surgery Hailsham East Sussex

I have had a recommendation of these guys from a friend but they are in surrey: Commercial Grounds Maintenance & Tree Care Contractor Services UK

I think I will look at country tree thank you its worth a go. Have you worked with them before then?

thanks

Hi I'm based just outside lewes and would be more than happy to come and have a walk around and a chat. I carry out all aspects of tree surgery, I also work with someone who is newly trained in estate management and is looking for some experience. If you'd like a chat, my name is Chris and my number is 07760881617.

Ah so you are a tree surgeon?