Forestry felling

Logrover

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but not too far away, it's Loch Chon.

I do forestry and arb, more forestry at the moment, but things come and go. I think being a cutter makes me a better tree surgeon and doing tree surgery makes me a better cutter. There is enough cross-over that both can be beneficial to each other.

Big ol' stick. Had a few 4.9's that sort of size a while back, they would've been 6.2's, but would've been to heavy for the lorry to lift. :lol:

That makes good sense to me mate.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

My groundie Stevo was/is a forester.

I've learned a lot from him about simplifying arb jobs.

He's taken a fair bit from arb as well, turning some sticky forest trees into easier stuff.

I love it in the woods, but it's pure hard graft, no early knocks, and the money should definitely be higher.

The margins for lads running big kit are pretty tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

No, but not too far away, it's Loch Chon.

I do forestry and arb, more forestry at the moment, but things come and go. I think being a cutter makes me a better tree surgeon and doing tree surgery makes me a better cutter. There is enough cross-over that both can be beneficial to each other.

Big ol' stick. Had a few 4.9's that sort of size a while back, they would've been 6.2's, but would've been to heavy for the lorry to lift. :lol:

ahhh I knew I recognised it,we have a job coming up there soon,sounds a shocker too,steep(winch),extremely rocky,big trees needing logs off,power lines,water supplies,sepa around most of the day,great stuff :thumbdown:

Those are beautiful sites - flat and driveable! Come to rolling devon; I have to sing "Glory glory what a hell of a way to die x3, we aint gonna winch no more" to keep hoping that one day I'll see the back of a winch!

Here's some steep slope logging pics to restore the balance!

No stacking, timber rolls off regularly despite stumps left to hold, every single tree has to be turned round, lovely!

haha, very true about the Robin :thumbup1:

That takes me back, I did my quals at Duchy and learned my trade in woods like this. Is that near Tavistock?

That makes good sense to me mate.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

My groundie Stevo was/is a forester.

I've learned a lot from him about simplifying arb jobs.

He's taken a fair bit from arb as well, turning some sticky forest trees into easier stuff.

I love it in the woods, but it's pure hard graft, no early knocks, and the money should definitely be higher.

The margins for lads running big kit are pretty tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Agreed . One thing arbs tend to do out of habit is leave collars rather than flush cut . Plays havoc when stacking on the forwarder :biggrin:

Edited by Stubby