just bought an ldv !!

combined tree services

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hiya guys i have just bought an x reg ldv 3.5 ton tipper , its in great condition and cab is verry clean . the only problem is that it is non turbo . i was just wondering if any of you have one or have had one . the reason i have bought it is because i am sick of transits , i currently have an 08 plate transit and im not impressed with it and will not be having another one !!

IMO a 3k tipper will do just what a 19 k tipper !!!

WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LDV :sneaky2:

Someone buy my landrover and trailer pleeeease.:001_tongue:

ok 3 grand for the landy lol :sneaky2::001_tongue:

oh and i promise to take good(ish) care of it

ok 3 grand for the landy lol :sneaky2::001_tongue:

oh and i promise to take good(ish) care of it

Its not worth it mate, its rubbish, just dont tell anyone on arbtalk........

:001_tongue:

Mick- i am really wanting a mog, but cant have both. There was one on ebay that really got me thinking, and thats why i put landy up for sale, and there is possibly one in scotland (not an arbtalkers one) if i do ever sell. Not going to rush into it though.

Why do we accept that its ok for arborists to abuse everything?

Its only woodchip and logs going in it, not as destructive as many builders materials can be.

I think its because us arborists always tend to load that extra bit on, I used to overload the tranny so brought 7.5 tonners and overload, whatever you have it always tends to be 'maxed' out!

Builders tend to use skips and have materials delivered on BIG trucks with handy lifty things!

everyone wrecks ldv's and transits...its because they can hold loads but arent really made for it..especially with greedy sides on them..it doesnt make them that much heavier but the sawy on them and the extra stresses must do damage..and they have to be screwed to get anywhere with a load on them..

Its not worth it mate, its rubbish, just dont tell anyone on arbtalk........

:001_tongue:

Mick- i am really wanting a mog, but cant have both. There was one on ebay that really got me thinking, and thats why i put landy up for sale, and there is possibly one in scotland (not an arbtalkers one) if i do ever sell. Not going to rush into it though.

Tommer is that a green one? if it is its nice.

I think its because us arborists always tend to load that extra bit on, I used to overload the tranny so brought 7.5 tonners and overload, whatever you have it always tends to be 'maxed' out!

Builders tend to use skips and have materials delivered on BIG trucks with handy lifty things!

Good points!! The LDV I bought came from a builder and I'd rather that than buying from a tree bloke!

Theres a cabstar round these parts that belongs to a quarry and is used for deliver loads of cotswold stone for walling, that should never be sold on to anybody, also you would never buy from a tarmac/flat roofing company either. I guess many trades wreck stuff. Arbs are no different, I know I try to look after vehicles but have done plenty of overloading in the past.