just bought an ldv !!

combined tree services

hiya guys i have just bought an x reg ldv 3.5 ton tipper , its in great condition and cab is verry clean . the only problem is that it is non turbo . i was just wondering if any of you have one or have had one . the reason i have bought it is because i am sick of transits , i currently have an 08 plate transit and im not impressed with it and will not be having another one !!

IMO a 3k tipper will do just what a 19 k tipper !!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhh! ha! and Brian was taking the pee out of mine the other day, battle wagons they are, just dont expect to go up a hill in 3rd with 2 tons of mulch on, er make it 2nd actually mines a crew cab!

ha ha , i saw it and thought what the hell it will do , all i thought of was the money i will be saving lol plus there will be no risk of a speeding ticket whilst towing the chipper any more :sneaky2::001_tt1:

hiya guys i have just bought an x reg ldv 3.5 ton tipper , its in great condition and cab is verry clean . the only problem is that it is non turbo

The engine hasn’t got a turbo for good reason – it’ll blow up!

We had an LDV once, used it for two days and then went back to a transit - Never again.

It will probably do you for 12 months - I dont think they are designed for the abuse arborists give them.

We brought one cheap at the start of a contract and it gradually self imploded, ended up buying a transit 12 months later and sold the LDV for scrap . Lost £3k in a year as it had no resale value!!

considering the ldv has the same engine and gearbox as the transit i dont see how anyone can say an ldv will blow up and a transit wont! the refinements are better on a transit, granted.....but value for money, unless you are particularly worried about resale value has to go to ldv.