small tracked chipper

Stephen Blair

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Jensen was a very impressive machine. I have used another the same. I am especialy impressed by where it will go, but also the no-stress controll, which cuts in little and often as opposed to letting the engine revs drop alot before cutting in, which means that on the Jensen you jave very little time to wait for the engine to pick up again.

i am tempted to get myself a tracked chipper, more and more folk are willing to keep the chip these days and i am getting a lot of small access jobs..but i want something as light as possible, what is the lightest 6 inch one about?:001_smile:

stevie . how much you looking @ spending 6" there all about 1200 kgs :001_smile:

I have a 528 Tracked machine and a 528 Road tow.Both are great.

I can't speak highly enough of the 528T.Simple,robust and gusty for its size.The feed hole is 7.5 wide and 6inch high,it eats curly Spruce limbs better than the 9inch Farmi I had.They are easy to train operators on.

I have welded up a frame that will be mounted on either end of the machine,on which I will mount a winch.(when I get around to buying one).

I guess the negitives are that you have to tip the chute to grease the top feed roller bearing,that also means you have to tilt the bonnet as well.Its only needed for each eight hours of operation and thats easy gauged by the engine clock.

I did the bearings in mine early this year.It was a simple job but took ages untill I learned that the blades are off set from the Anvil.I must have spent a day piddling around with it trying to get the gap even all along the blade.:blushing: