Tracked Barrow

Breton monkey

We had considered tracked barrows in our grand scheme but instead put our coin into a John Deere 1026 tractor with grab bucket and winch.

This moves wood much faster than any barrow, leaves less of a footprint when turning, has many more attachments and other uses BUT needs to be hauled on a plant trailer and thus another vehicle is required.

Just another way...

Ty

Is the 1026 narrow enough to squeeze down the side of Mrs Miggins house and through a 2`6" gate ? We have a tiny new holland which is 42" wide and a B6200 kubota with front loader and back hoe , that thing is 48" wide and 13` long. Neither of these could compete with our track barrow for maneuverability in really tight spots even if they were narrow enough.

Bob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's one for you chaps.

> Not mine, found on ebay for sale <

BUT...

Check out the ram positioning on this, i reckon with a clever bit of welding on the bucket that this could be made in to a loader / grab for not much money? Apparently it will lift 300kg's which is a fair weight to load i thought. Skip doesnt look much cop for logs but that could be altered :lol:

the tcp barrows look some of the better ones for conversion as the links on the front could be easily adapted for a quick hitch change the valve block for 3 spools and voila mini loader we originally looked at tcp but the camisa one turned up at the right money if you do go down this route make sure its got a triple pump as it makes a difference when you are using it

Quote:

"Originally Posted by kentjames , Ok here's one for you chaps."

the problem would be it wouldnt lift 300kg with a grab on the front, its not balasted for it, it would tip forward i think.

Quote:

" pretty cool, josh was obsessed. Naturally "

thats a good excuse to tell the other-half! its not me honest dear, its for the kids!

Ok here's one for you chaps.

> Not mine, found on ebay for sale <

BUT...

Check out the ram positioning on this, i reckon with a clever bit of welding on the bucket that this could be made in to a loader / grab for not much money? Apparently it will lift 300kg's which is a fair weight to load i thought. Skip doesnt look much cop for logs but that could be altered :lol:

I have bought a tracked Hinowa dumper off this E-Bay seller ,he is a straight fella and I know his fitter too .

Ste

Watch out for those cormidi, as everhone I know who have had one have all regretted it. Plagued by faults and breakdowns. The tcp one is the best, there is some good deals on new and they have refurbed ones too I believe

the cormidi dumpers to go for are the honda gx powered versions there was an upgrade kit to change from the diesel engine into the petrol engined version as they had trouble with injectors etc

I would look at the Hinowa hi lift tracked dumper if going for a conversion has they are very heavy and use a Takeuchi track system which is strong than the TCP etc also the hi lift arms are well up to the Job.

I run one but left it has a dumper has it goes well with my Micro digger with a thumb grab .

Ste

Is the 1026 narrow enough to squeeze down the side of Mrs Miggins house and through a 2`6" gate ? We have a tiny new holland which is 42" wide and a B6200 kubota with front loader and back hoe , that thing is 48" wide and 13` long. Neither of these could compete with our track barrow for maneuverability in really tight spots even if they were narrow enough.

Bob

No, true, however, the average French garden is very much larger here so access is rarely a problem.

Ty