Yell.com

WillTimberlake

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the most the free listing, they are in bed with google and appear very high in the google results. Plus you'll improve your general organic ranking massively if it's used properly.

Complete your free listing, add photos, reviews and loads of specific keywords (I think you get 40 with the free listing). Cross link it to your own website, facebook, google small business page and google+ page.

Their sales rep told me that reviews are very good and bump you up the google organic rankings even if the yell.com rankings are restricted by sponsored positions. Once you hit high enough review numbers google itself will take those and add them to your small business listing. We did not buy any of their services though.

Last year yell decided it would be a good idea to prove just how much work I got from them, so they put call number monitoring on all new add phone numbers, they shot themselves in the foot and we are cancelling all adverts with them, the results were even worse than I expected.

I have to say, whilst I can understand where many are coming from I personally do very well off yellow pages and yel.com

I don't have a website which may make a difference to the situation, but I get about 10-15 enquiries a month off it.

Have had some excellent leads to.

I ask every customer where they got my number from to analyse marketing,and advertising.

I do think that sometimes it can be based on the area size of your yel or Thompson book as to how successful the books are in your area.

I have to say, whilst I can understand where many are coming from I personally do very well off yellow pages and yel.com

I don't have a website which may make a difference to the situation, but I get about 10-15 enquiries a month off it.

Have had some excellent leads to.

I ask every customer where they got my number from to analyse marketing,and advertising.

I do think that sometimes it can be based on the area size of your yel or Thompson book as to how successful the books are in your area.

That's because you are the last tree surgeon in there!:thumbup::lol:

If it works for you - do it.