Firewood Bags

liamjordan

There is a lot of threads about firewood bags, to be honest i hate doing them, most of the time we just cut/split it straight and onto the landy. When we have some spare time we cut a few bags full and keep them to one side, for when some needs some wood asap or if we dont have enough time to cut a load. Also we use old bags from building supply place, and its bloody annoying when you pick one up with the loader and it splits lol.

Just wondering what other people do? Always use bags? Keep a few filled on the side?

O yeah how much do people charge for a bags? (if you dont mind me asking) We sell 2 for £50 or £60

Heres some pics of us loading them onto the landy with the crane.

DSC00644.jpg.322a204cb69d8af148a685566465f098.jpg

DSC00638.jpg.32cb95b1dfbceb8711388753e3e2eb07.jpg

DSC00639.jpg.43b55f94b13e87554d2c4f8b340970d7.jpg

DSC00642.jpg.e560c6a630f6899efa8f587036ab5c1e.jpg

DSC00645.jpg.b6752090e0447ec1588d80398fb22c51.jpg

I sold them for £50 a bag last year and they flew out.

Your robbing yourself at 2 bags for that if they are well seasoned

I see

We have decided that we arent really undercharging that much, see 80% of our wood we get for free, we only have to pay for haulage, cutting it and delivery, the rest is profit, plus our wood isnt the highest of quality, its not like a bulk bag of ash lol

I see

We have decided that we arent really undercharging that much, see 80% of our wood we get for free, we only have to pay for haulage, cutting it and delivery, the rest is profit, plus our wood isnt the highest of quality, its not like a bulk bag of ash lol

thats beside the point profits not a dirty word you should be charging a min of £50 per bag i get £35 per bag thats on a trade sale !!!! & they supply the bags & collect it from my yard :001_smile: DONT ROB YOURSELF !!!!

I sell at £60 builders bag hardwood, £55 mixed hard and soft and £50 soft only. All dried in a polytunnel.

You're not robbing anyone by charging a good price and as long as the wood is dry there is no such thing as 'bad wood'.