holiday and logs!!!!

pete23

evening all.

me and the other half are in a cottage in a cracking little fishing village called "staithes" just up from Whitby, and loving it!!!!

so far the high point for me is to have found a tree surgeon/sawmill that sells a decent sized bag of hard wood logs that are dry!!! (as sad as it might be) lol.

the first couple of days we were getting logs from the local coop, and what a load of carp they were, £5 for 6 soaking wet soft logs!!!! amazing what people will buy and sell!!

so it was a high point for me when I found this saw mill.

if theres any local tree surgeons round this way that sells logs there missing a trick here.

We provide logs included in the price of our cottages in the yorkshire dales. We'd rather they burn my 'free' logs than buy coal.

Some, also ask you to pay for the electric, via a meter, and to bring your own bed linen. Best to do some research and look at the terms and condition before booking.

I wer,nt really moaning about it (that much)

I new id have to buy me own logs, but did,nt expect to be paying a fiver for six wet soft wood logs.

I thought there would be some one local selling decent logs, don't mind parting with cash for decent wood as I know the effort that goes into it.

I was just pleased I came across this tree surgeon that sells decent dry wood, he works on a honesty box system for the small bags he sells to the locals in the village. this village is about 8 mile from where we are stopping, a great find I think.

I wer,nt really moaning about it (that much)

I new id have to buy me own logs, but did,nt expect to be paying a fiver for six wet soft wood logs.

I thought there would be some one local selling decent logs, don't mind parting with cash for decent wood as I know the effort that goes into it.

I was just pleased I came across this tree surgeon that sells decent dry wood, he works on a honesty box system for the small bags he sells to the locals in the village. this village is about 8 mile from where we are stopping, a great find I think.

There should be a few good guys selling firewood over that way the sister-in-law's partner has a load of family that all love in the village there all on coal but have had the odd pile of offcuts from me. There's a few arbs in nearby villages but may only sell in dumpy bags. It's q shame I'm not fishing over that way this week else I could of gave you some logs

cheers mike, a very nice offer, thanks.

were of back home in the morning, leaving a bag of logs for the next customer and a note in the visitors book of the location of the tree surgeon.

had a cracking time, will be back soon I hope.

I love Staithes and Whitby is like time forgot tgem on a night. Feel free to message me if you do make the trip and I'll sort out some logs for you