How to stop a thief

simonm

Actually I created a thread entitled means and methods of protecting your kit. Fast forward a few years it appears that some of the theft that has occured in the past has let up some. The registering of equipment program I believe authored by Steve Bullman may have helped reduced the number of reports of stolen kit on AT, however with out any actual stats no one really knows.

The main problem I see is the extreme apathy on the part of the police and the courts system within the UK. Sadly a certain degree of this same apathy bleeds over to the actual victims of the crimes committed and a more of the same attitude prevails IMHO. When and if the laws regarding the theft of property ever grow some actual teeth and the police change their policies I believe business as usual will continue and the thefts will continue. Most of your suggestions are actually based on common sense.

Sadly common sense is surly lacking on either side of the pond:thumbdown:

easy-lift guy

You guys over the pond are lucky. ...at least you can shoot an intruder without going to jail...i wish

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was doing a felling job on an empty West Sussex site . ( empty old people home ) . Finished up and put saw in the back of the chipper . At the same time there was a bunch of blokes that were taking down some sheds on the site . They stopped us for a chat as we were leaving and one of them must have gone round the back and fetched the saw out of the chipper as it was not there when we got home and we did not stop anywhere .

heard a local one recently, A chap was losing trailers. He secured a chain to the rear of a trailer left it in shed, the chain was attached to a tree outside the back of the shed.

One night rev, crash, bang, wallop the daytime scrap merchants had reached the end of their tether and gone through the tranny windscreen.

This is unverified but inspirational. However there is issues with insurance due to his intent:confused1: