Kombi engine sizes.

SPC Trees

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What problems will one get with the 4 mix models??

The engine is a 2 and 4 stroke combined, so all the usual 2 stroke problems (air leak, carb, fuel, mixture) mixed in with 4-stroke problems (valve timing, valve clearance, push-rods falling off, cam wear as it's made of plastic, plus many more not yet noticed!)

You can buy any engine on it's own.

All depends what jobs you plan to use the Kombi unit for. If you just need a split shaft strimmer to fit in your vehicle thats ok get a bigger engine, but if you plan to cut lots of hedges, trees with the 1 metre extension on you will need weight training classes to hold a bigger engine unit up than the Km-56, extension and Hedgecutter Attachment.

Also quick tip, do buy the carbon fibre extension not the Ali one, costs a little more but so much lighter, always buy the adjustable hedge trimmer, dont' buy the edger (I never got on with it) you will also need to carry a couple of Tommy knobs and a couple of shaft sleeves as running spares along with strimmer line..

If you want another option the Expand-it Hedge Cutter £70-£80 will fit a Stihl Kombi Engine shaft with a tiny mod to the end of the shaft (cut 20mm off with hacksaw) this I find so easy for cutting shrubs and tops of hedges.

59766c642afef_Expand-itAFH05.jpg.2f178b97c655ab127f529b007c02d22d.jpg

59766c6429f2f_StihlKombiSleeve.jpg.95e64d9fd1d9b6a91610a45ac11ba2f5.jpg

59766c6428027_StihlTommyBolt.jpg.093d22a1d3c1d73147a2aa155fa8124a.jpg

• 5 months later...

I have also been looking at this KM94, was put off by the smaller cc as really wanted something 30cc ish, don't really need the fine speed control. May have to upgrade to it when my KM56 packs up, getting a bit tired after 4yrs daily use.

Just a note about your other post HDAV regarding the KM56 oil in air filter, mine has started doing the same thing! Still runs all day though, air filters not cheap at about £7 but I put a new one on.

i have a stihl 130R, love it, so much power and well balanced to use,

one awesome attachment is the blower, didnt think it would be that good but its very powerful (same liter-age of air as the BG 56 C-E) this is awesome to use, i find it better it more easy to use than the normal blowers!

another thing with the 130R is its loads quieter. id recommend a 4 mix

and its got more cc than a 200t! :001_smile:

I have also been looking at this KM94, was put off by the smaller cc as really wanted something 30cc ish, don't really need the fine speed control. May have to upgrade to it when my KM56 packs up, getting a bit tired after 4yrs daily use.

Just a note about your other post HDAV regarding the KM56 oil in air filter, mine has started doing the same thing! Still runs all day though, air filters not cheap at about £7 but I put a new one on.

I was surprised thought it would be 30 ish but it's rated kW is higher than the 27cc 56 unit ??? more power less displacement! Clever!

Might treat mine to a new plug and air cleaner this year was just shocked to see all that oil behind the filter and how oily filter was.

Tempted by the blower for mine and a few other bits...... But then I would probably need another motor lol...