1st post

Blaisey

Has any one used one?

They seem pretty cheap compared

I bought one of these mills earlier this year and it's working well for me. If I need to mill bigger than the capacity I've just used the Alaskan to take it down to suitable size.

For me not knowing a huge amount about mills or milling I'd rather go new and basic. Compared to what was available second hand it seemed the best option.

Easy company to deal with too although you'll need to register for eu vat refunds if your not already, only found out about this when I tried submit vat return to accountant and he pointed it out which means delay in getting the vat mans slice back.

If anyone wants to try one out before buying your welcome to come and do an hours work for free here ;) seriously though I don't use mine often so if anyone would like to have a go they'd be more than welcome.

Interested to hear views on this.......

For the money it looks great but time will tell if it holds up to any abuse.

I can get a big old mill out here for the same money but worried about maintenance costs and upkeep on the bigger mills. Maybe the simpler, newer Woodland mill is the way to go?

4x2 box with 5mm wall, 2x2 box again with 5mm wall, and 1x1 box, 3.2 wall as per the drawing on woodmills site, £240 including delivery, I've went for 750kg unbraked indispension units,(calculated the weight will be a round 600kg) so no need for brakes, Ive stuck to the drawing except for the axle position, the americans can get away with a non suspended version, I'm mooving towards the rear by 8" to make it a lot more stable. also adding 4 more levelling legs equi spaced to support any really heavy loads, It should have been finished by now, but I'm up to my ears in building a log cabin that was pushed back from october last year, 5 more weeks before I can get back into it