transit drivers?

Tom D

Sweeeet. I want to make a carrier for rakes etc between the rails of the tipper floor, with the numberplate on a strong metal fold down plate to act as the rear 'door'.

Good idea !!

But don't you just want to stick them down the corner posts like the pro's do, you could have a brush down one side and a tarmac rake down the other one :001_smile:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea !!

But don't you just want to stick them down the corner posts like the pro's do, you could have a brush down one side and a tarmac rake down the other one :001_smile:

or use some polypipe like the councils do then all long handled tools are contained but accessible.

Igottacabstar.

80mpg, tows my 4 tonne chipper no problem, and fully loaded (5 tonne) will still do 180mph.

250,000 miles between services, and I can fit 6 saws, tidy gear and 2 climbing kits behind the seats.

Awesome off road as well.

Igottacabstar.

80mpg, tows my 4 tonne chipper no problem, and fully loaded (5 tonne) will still do 180mph.

250,000 miles between services, and I can fit 6 saws, tidy gear and 2 climbing kits behind the seats.

Awesome off road as well.

But has it got a timber crane?

I am replacing my LDV soon, and would like oppinions on the transits, I will probably go for an 04 - 06 plate depending on price. What I'd like to know is are the 90hp models any good towing with a load or the 115 or the 125? anybody got one?:001_smile:

My 52 Plate 125 Goes Great I have had no problems at all. Apart from new tyres thats it.

It tows great i admit they do get stuck but so does everything with that configuration.

Dont know if i have an exceptional Transit but it is good so there.

Hope that helps

Dont transits have a choice of diff ratio ??

I bought a brand new iveco daily and was told the diff in it was a round town diff, if I did a lot of motorway miles I might need to consider a different diff.

Perhaps all these burnt out clutches are a result of too higher ratio diff, it needs to be lower for hill starts and reversing loads and chippers up steep drives etc

I have been offered a very good deal on an LDV with the 90hp TDCI engine, does any one know what the horsepower of the old transit normaly aspirated 2.5 DI is as thats what I have in the ldv at the moment and I'd like some sort of comparison.:001_smile: