Yew timber for longbow Wanted

Stompy

She's a beauty mate, lovely work :)

Got any pics of her drawn? Bet you feel it after a few hours using it, 80# is quite a draw, I'm happy around 55#.

If you could sort a couple out when you get time that would be great, let me know.

Cheers

I'll put it on the post I tillered it on and take a pic, yeah it's not comfortable to use for long the limbs are quite thick because of the knott so really stacks. I've only done 3, one of which is an ash 'holmgard' style flatbow about 30lb, fell out with the missus for a bit cos then went n forked out on 60lb (max comfy draw weight for me) gascoigne flatbow and she found receipt😁 it feckin lush though!😀

Be good to see mate.

I've made quite a few now. Always found the laminate bows to have a much smoother draw. The Yew and Ash (especially) self bows I made stacked loads...... not sure why as they tillered nicely with nice draw curves.....

Never tell the misses what they are worth or what you paid..... all my kit cost me nothing apparently :)

She's a beauty mate, lovely work :)

Got any pics of her drawn? Bet you feel it after a few hours using it, 80# is quite a draw, I'm happy around 55#.

If you could sort a couple out when you get time that would be great, let me know.

Cheers

I've just emailed you a few pics over. If there of any use to you let me know.