lifting fence panels into concrete posts

s.varty

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you make a two stage telescoping mast like an industrial forklift one but much lighter with a rope and pulley with a rope lock grab mechanism. Hoist up parallel to slot nudge over position it, release rope and guide in and lower in a controlled manner.

You would be stood right next to the fence with a vertical mast.

Not part of my game but I can see the need and there must be some borrowable ideas out there.

Set the posts with the panels in??? we did a log run in bad wind a while ago and decided to lift the panels in after! had to set tower scaffold up to get them in! they were 6 foot and really heavy, i could lift them but as soon as they were halfway up i was getting pulled off the tower! took 2 of us

Set the posts with the panels in??? we did a log run in bad wind a while ago and decided to lift the panels in after! had to set tower scaffold up to get them in! they were 6 foot and really heavy, i could lift them but as soon as they were halfway up i was getting pulled off the tower! took 2 of us

Sorry , should of said "replace the panels" new for old as such.cheers

Any tips out there for lifting fence panels into concrete posts on your own? , im getting to old to lift them 5-6 ft to slot them in on my own. The obvious is get help , but that's not always an option.

I use some old builders tressals with 4 scaffolding planks. Set the hight on the tressals to were you want lean the panel against the tressals then just lift up and slot in. Just a bit of messing about moving the tressals but makes the job so much easier. If you get 3 tressals and 8 planks you can do 2 panels at a time then just move the one set long and so on.