Fans on log burner?

swinny

75-200C is the ecofan 806 costs about £155.- , i,d check your surface temp before paying out that much.[/

up to 124c with a small fire.

155 quid is not a lot of dough really to help heating your house, is it?

Hi MULL our ECO FAN the largest they do and it been great we have a large 2 bed old cottage and 16kw going all time it ok here I do not put gas on thanks Jon

Hi MULL our ECO FAN the largest they do and it been great we have a large 2 bed old cottage and 16kw going all time it ok here I do not put gas on thanks Jon

It's on the cards Jon! Watchin shawshank redemption just now! What a film! Derail!!!

I purchased an Ecofan some 12 years ago - the UK importer advised at the time it was the first he had supplied to Ireland! My stove is half recessed into the chimney breast and my aim was to reduce the heat being absorbed into the breast. it worked for a number of years but then failed, I think because of overheating, despite there being a bi-metal strip on the bottom to lift the fan up in such circumstances. I suspect I frequently over fired the stove. I don't have any scientific evidence to prove any claims but I certainly could detect the difference in the flow of warm air at say 7 feet up and 2 feet out from the stove. The fan certainly was a great conversation piece for any visitors and was generally met with initial disbelief. I replaced the fan with large round sea boulders, which now absorb the heat, act as storage heaters and are great for airing socks and other unmentionables.

I've got an Ecofan (had it for a few months) and I don't think it spins as quickly now as it did when it was new. The difficulty is that it's only rated to about 340 celcius, which on a big stove is a surface temperature that is often exceeded. Quite often, mine will run at 360-400 for long periods of time, sitting exactly at the top of the zone of best operation according to the flue thermometer. What is the point in having a big stove if you aren't going to run it hotter?

The only fan I've seen that is rated to a higher temperature is the Stirling engined fan, which can run at up to 450c.

Ours does seem to turn slower at times, usually when the stove has been on for a few days non stop and faster if we've been away for a couple of days. One thought I had was that the wall behind the stove has warmed up a lot by then. The Ecofan produces an electrical current through temperature differential between the heat of the stove and the cooler surroundings, this is why the manufacturer recommends placing them at the back of the stove. Sooo once the wall is hot and the stove is hot perhaps it produces less current and the fan spins slowly.

I've got an Ecofan (had it for a few months) and I don't think it spins as quickly now as it did when it was new. The difficulty is that it's only rated to about 340 celcius, which on a big stove is a surface temperature that is often exceeded. Quite often, mine will run at 360-400 for long periods of time, sitting exactly at the top of the zone of best operation according to the flue thermometer. What is the point in having a big stove if you aren't going to run it hotter?

The only fan I've seen that is rated to a higher temperature is the Stirling engined fan, which can run at up to 450c.

Hi big j , you know the fans have a 2 year warranty.