Transit price?

jamesd

I have a 07 peugeot boxer 2.2hdi same as transit engine. Thers 187000 miles on it. She drives like new. I do belive its what work they done. It was owned by a pool maintenance company from new lots of motorway miles. My theroy is this an hour down a country lane covers around 30 miles steering, brakes, gears, acleration all being used. A motorway an hour you have done 70 miles in one gear and no hard braking and aclerating done and a better mpg too. out of intrest if your vehicles in the garage how long do you have to wait until you get it back? My vans having crankshaft oil seal, oil & filter change & gear linkage grease & fix up. Tomorrow will be its 5th working day. I have work booked in that i have canceld all over the show and i am being run about by my dad mrs & mates. Not having a vehicle makes life very difficult i am so dependent on it! What length of time are your vehicles normaly in the shop?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sell it. It's not a tipper and it's got more miles on it than you are comfortable with.

You could keep it because it might be reliable, but then again it might explode tomorrow.

Like wise there's no guarantee that a newer one wouldn't either but you can expect a decent bit of warranty on something from a garage and a newer well kept smart van will always be a credit to your buisness. :)

Sell it. It's not a tipper and it's got more miles on it than you are comfortable with.

You could keep it because it might be reliable, but then again it might explode tomorrow.

Like wise there's no guarantee that a newer one wouldn't either but you can expect a decent bit of warranty on something from a garage and a newer well kept smart van will always be a credit to your buisness. :)

It is a tipper, just doesn't have high sides like most tree work trucks.

Depends on spec and condition.

Go on autotrader and see what comparable vans are up for and go with that.

If you think it's going to start to let you down and more miles will dramatically reduce its value, selling now seems sensible to me.

that's what i thought if i could get a reasonable amount for it now, i could pay of a good bit towards a newer truck now which i hope would last me a good few years to come..

on auto trader they seem to go for around 5k which seems like good money to me?

I have a 07 peugeot boxer 2.2hdi same as transit engine. Thers 187000 miles on it. She drives like new. I do belive its what work they done. It was owned by a pool maintenance company from new lots of motorway miles. My theroy is this an hour down a country lane covers around 30 miles steering, brakes, gears, acleration all being used. A motorway an hour you have done 70 miles in one gear and no hard braking and aclerating done and a better mpg too. out of intrest if your vehicles in the garage how long do you have to wait until you get it back? My vans having crankshaft oil seal, oil & filter change & gear linkage grease & fix up. Tomorrow will be its 5th working day. I have work booked in that i have canceld all over the show and i am being run about by my dad mrs & mates. Not having a vehicle makes life very difficult i am so dependent on it! What length of time are your vehicles normaly in the shop?

never more than a couple of days, maybe a week at worst.

Thats the thing i could not afford to have my truck off the road for more than say a couple of days during the summer when i am busiest.

what year is your one then? had any problems/issues with it?

ERM well no engine or gearbox problems just usual transit stuff like front wheel bearings,centre joint on driveshaft.oil leaks ,brakes ,steering rack anti roll bars,.and its a 2005 twin wheel crewcab tipper.:thumbup: