Hilux Invincible Tuning

Qvatrees

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2009 Hilux invincible and I bought a chip from Torquing Diesel and the unit plugs in between the injectors and the wiring loom and a small box with its own power supply. I fitted this 4 years ago and have had no issues with it at all. I tow my double axle caravan on holiday and it weighs about 2 ton and I never come out of 5th gear on the motor way even across the A66 or up the M74. It boosted the HP to 200 and increased the torque as well! I would recommend the chip as it makes the car a different beast alltogether.

I have a 2009 Hilux invincible and I bought a chip from Torquing Diesel and the unit plugs in between the injectors and the wiring loom and a small box with its own power supply. I fitted this 4 years ago and have had no issues with it at all. I tow my double axle caravan on holiday and it weighs about 2 ton and I never come out of 5th gear on the motor way even across the A66 or up the M74. It boosted the HP to 200 and increased the torque as well! I would recommend the chip as it makes the car a different beast alltogether.

HI CALLUM sound great are getting more MPG with chip on thanks jon :thumbup:

Thanks, not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least I know!!!! I have found out that there was a limited edition that claimed 200bhp called the "invincible 200" ( clever that ;) ) but that was just a piggy back chip that's available as aftermarket jobby so I might go down that route.

:) :)

This is the model I have, it does make a difference, I know because I unplugged it once. Hilux I think will never be super rapid, but it does make it noticeable quicker, and for sure it improves MPG.

We take ours with 5 people and camping gear down to the south of France once a year and it tanks its way down on the peage, see some confused looks from French folk when we burn past them. Even loaded with roof box and sticking to a decent 85 (ish) it still gives about 31MPG + it's and auto box. Ive heard that the chip box reduces engine life by approx 15%. I'd reckon even them it would still be good for 180k miles+. Mine has 115k and it still feels totally fine.

errr no theres not too many about now Jon. Apparently Toyota had a limited supply of the upgrade chips as they were in great demand across europe.

QVA Trees you can have a Hilux replated to tow 3.5 Ton

Correct....only 500 in the country

It is hard to find a used hilux that isn't either bog standard (not that there's anything wrong with that) or a specced up version that has been abused.

Pay the money for a new one and you don't need to worry about either of these.

Got mine used and was lucky, tidy, looked after and decent spec..... but paid 14k (nye on) for the privilege.

Always a compromise !!