Hilux Invincible Tuning

Qvatrees

Just spoke to a very good mate of mine as he runs a successful remapping company in Staffs. Asked him if it can be done properly rather than a 'tuning plug in'. His reply below...

No it can't be done because of the Ecu technology used, that might change but as of now it's a no go

The only thing you might be able to get for it is a tuning box (however) unless you get a good one like a Tunit it's pretty much a crap shoot as to if it will work at all or if it will damage the car

The remapping industry is awash with Cowboys and conmen so he needs to be aware that some will say they can do it, yet actually not do a thing and still charge him for it.

Hope the info helps.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoke to a very good mate of mine as he runs a successful remapping company in Staffs. Asked him if it can be done properly rather than a 'tuning plug in'. His reply below...

No it can't be done because of the Ecu technology used, that might change but as of now it's a no go

The only thing you might be able to get for it is a tuning box (however) unless you get a good one like a Tunit it's pretty much a crap shoot as to if it will work at all or if it will damage the car

The remapping industry is awash with Cowboys and conmen so he needs to be aware that some will say they can do it, yet actually not do a thing and still charge him for it.

Hope the info helps.

Thanks, not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least I know!!!! I have found out that there was a limited edition that claimed 200bhp called the "invincible 200" ( clever that ;) ) but that was just a piggy back chip that's available as aftermarket jobby so I might go down that route.

:) :)

I've just bought a pre reg. it was reg July 14. It had 41 miles on the clock, without canopy £18995 + vat they gave £2500 trade in on my 2005 screwed & tattooed Isuzu Rodeo with 185 k on her

Only had the Hilux 2 weeks, seems great so far. I did test drive the new Isuzu D max however thought the interior was really cheap looking.

Cheers

Thanks, not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least I know!!!! I have found out that there was a limited edition that claimed 200bhp called the "invincible 200" ( clever that ;) ) but that was just a piggy back chip that's available as aftermarket jobby so I might go down that route.

Hi trees I no some one had one mate goes well mate thanks Jon

I've just bought a pre reg. it was reg July 14. It had 41 miles on the clock, without canopy £18995 + vat they gave £2500 trade in on my 2005 screwed & tattooed Isuzu Rodeo with 185 k on her

Only had the Hilux 2 weeks, seems great so far. I did test drive the new Isuzu D max however thought the interior was really cheap looking.

Cheers

Hi MTS they offer me that on a new one £19k thanks Jon

That was on a 08 regish one

HI R5 theres loads of them about thanks jon :thumbup:

errr no theres not too many about now Jon. Apparently Toyota had a limited supply of the upgrade chips as they were in great demand across europe.

QVA Trees you can have a Hilux replated to tow 3.5 Ton