ear defenders

In nearly all the videos and pictures I've seen of American tree surgeons, no-one has ear defenders whilst using a saw...

Do you all have industrial strength ear drums???

I can't stand using a saw for longer than a few seconds without them....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok that makes sense. i should of thought of that.

i couldn't use them - i was given some in a club once so i thought i would try them out but they kept falling out and after about 30 mins they came out all waxy! :D

and as you said i can see the helmet wobbling about a fair bit

I'll use ear plugs when its hot, when hedgetrimming, or when I feel like it. Cant say th helmet moves about without defenders on it, if you have it adjusted correctly it'll stay put just fine. Make sure you have the correct SNR for chainsaw/chipper use too.

Stopping you going deaf, PRICELESS!:001_tongue:

no need to shout deerman.:001_tongue: i saw some of these at the yorkshire show, but the price put me off. You can pick up a pair of peltor snr31 ear defenders for round about 30 notes and come in a range of colours including hi-viz i think so there's no losing them.

i think they use ear plugs, i tried it last week when the weather was hot and it was great, felt really nice but very strange, my hat kept moving about a lot though..couldnt really get used to it tbh

That'llbe on account of having your chinny done up so tight private Blair.:sneaky2:

:001_tongue::001_tongue: