Timber Pro Chainsaws

The Tree Co

It's a generic Chinese made saw, lots of firms badge them and sell them at varying prices on ebay. Cheapest I've seen is £69.99. I bought one on ebay a couple of years ago to cut some off a Birch in the back garden and it does the job. The brake handle is a bit flimsy and the plastic is plasticky but it works. I didn't get a free bag and spare chains and mine has a 12" bar, it says 25:1 mix but it runs ok on Aspen or 40:1 with decent oil and it doesn't smoke as much :D Mine fired up out of the box and throttle stuck wide open but a fiddle with the linkage and the H & L screws soon had it running nicely but anyone of a nervous disposition may have panicked a bit. It's a Walbro carb, not looked for numbers but they are decent and spares are easy to get. The rear hanger is a bit flimsy held on with a self tapper I put a strop round the handle I wouldn't call it a professional tool by any stretch of the imagination but I've cut 8" branches with mine. It might be a cheap alternative to a 150T but it's never going to be a MS200 or a 540T replacement. It did surprise me when I went to it after it had been stood in the shed for months and it fired up second pull with a few pumps on the primer and idled away nicely. Mine's badged as a JTL, don't know what it stands for but it's like these.

Edited by peatff

I have a timber pro cs58 with the 20 inch bar cost£79 and is the best value for money I have ever had

Starts every time from cold within ten seconds and cuts as well as my Stihl and husqvarna

2 year guarantee

Plastic is cheap looking but ok

Nothing fancy but does the job

Interesting... im just a rough farmer but could really do with a top handle to tidy up some fruit trees - just find a normal saw abit cumbersum and not really very handy. Would this be worth a punt? For the cost id be looking at a well sh@gged 2nd hand stihl....

I have 4 of them ,same has MTD , you need 3 to keep one running !

That stupid choke lever breaks when you put saw away .

Don't rely on that strop eye hole either !

Constantly adjusting tick over .

Apart from that it does cut well ,starts well too .

Reason why I have 4 is dealer had them sent back for warranty work and customer's did not want them back .

For price they are ok .

Don't expect it too keep up with Stihl or Husky .

Ms 150 has more guts .

Ste

Ps ...ditch the chocolate low kick back chain for a Stihl chain ,dramatic change

Edited by IVECOKID

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived today. The first thing I noticed was the bar nose sprocket was quite difficult to turn. There appeared to be some burring around the nose area causing the sprocket to stick….. after cleaning it up , it was fine. Greased the nose sprocket , fuelled it up and filled up with chain oil. Starting was no problem…… although being used to a 261CM Stihl , I tend to forget about using choke !

It runs sweet as a nut. 25:1 mix.

Had the usual chain stretch occur after a while , as expected. No problem.

I used it to cut up some oak that I had sourced the previous day. No problem cutting through diameters using the full length of the bar. Plenty of cutting power, if you don't force it.

As I don't climb (yet ) , I can't provide any details in that respect , but it handled very well.

The one downside that niggled me , was the chain brake. i found that it was quite easy to keep knocking the handle and putting the brake on. But at least it works !

Good for £79.95