Timber Pro Chainsaws

The Tree Co

I brought a timber pro topping saw as my stihl was being fixed thought it would hold me for a little bit. The fuel tank is to small found myself having to keep re filling and the brake don't really work and they are abit flimsy feels like you are going to brake them but to be fair what can you buy for 80 quid! They are fine if you are not using them all the time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ok…… bit of an update on my tiny top-handled saw……….

cleaned it up the other day and after I had put everything back together and tensioned the chain , I noticed that the chain was difficult to turn but only intermittently and the chain tension kept changing ??? Couldn't work out why , so I took the bar and side cover off and checked sprockets for movement etc….. all seemed fine… the bar was A-ok …….the clutch drum etc was A-ok ……So , that left the chain…….

I went round all the links on the chain and discovered one link that was really difficult to move and this was making hard work of getting round the sprocket radii. I am presuming this was the final link where it was joined …… sigh , cheap chains !!

Anyway , sorted it out and now she spins like a good'un …..

At the same time I removed the mass of wire from inside the muffler , which I thought may help it ? ( if not , it sounds better :) )

….. I know it is never going to be anywhere near a pro 200/201 etc , but for small jobs , which is what I need it for , it is great !

I may well invest in an Oregon chain for it at a later date , but will see how this one lasts...

• 3 years later...
On 26/02/2015 at 12:27, maria warwick said:

ok…… bit of an update on my tiny top-handled saw……….

cleaned it up the other day and after I had put everything back together and tensioned the chain , I noticed that the chain was difficult to turn but only intermittently and the chain tension kept changing ??? Couldn't work out why , so I took the bar and side cover off and checked sprockets for movement etc….. all seemed fine… the bar was A-ok …….the clutch drum etc was A-ok ……So , that left the chain…….

I went round all the links on the chain and discovered one link that was really difficult to move and this was making hard work of getting round the sprocket radii. I am presuming this was the final link where it was joined …… sigh , cheap chains !!

Anyway , sorted it out and now she spins like a good'un …..

At the same time I removed the mass of wire from inside the muffler , which I thought may help it ? ( if not , it sounds better :) )

….. I know it is never going to be anywhere near a pro 200/201 etc , but for small jobs , which is what I need it for , it is great !

I may well invest in an Oregon chain for it at a later date , but will see how this one lasts...

Has anyone got an update on this?

I've finally started to look at something like this for where the ms023 is too big/unweildy.

Cheers

Bob

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lazurus said:

Mine stihl (:D) going strong, no issues to date.

Hi Lazurus...
Similar ... I was following your chilling thread as I'd bought a chinese mill. I also have a Huztl MS660 kit attached to it.
These saws were Chinese built top-handles. I thought a better go than make a MS020 Huztl kit.....

Thanks

Bob

Edited by Bob_z_l
spelling

• 2 weeks later...