Lets have some fun re pick up trucks

wisecobandit

You know me Ken as I told you I actually decided on the petrol/lpg Mitsi simply because all the diesels seem to have there faults. Being a tight arse I don't mind paying 60 odd pence a ltr for fuel and knowing I shouldn't get diesel related engine problems and have 180hp.

Biggarlogs the 4-work gets classed as a work vehicle so thumbs up. Its not chavved up like the animal. I wander why they don't bring out a 4-play??? lol.

Difflock they done similar with the series landrover engines the originals only had 3 mains.

On the other hand the Massey 35 had issues when they went from the early 3 cylinder to 4 cylinder engines as the design of the 4 cylinder meant on slopes the oil would run out the engine. Farmers soon disliked them because of it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60p/l for gas, an yer a farmer!

"Disgusted of Dervock"

PS

Wor local very God fearing Church going farmer runs his bought-for-a-song hi-spec petrol Accord, on LPG, sourced from his own bulk LPG tank(for the grain dryer)

Plus a new-bought dual-fuel Vectra as a rough runabout.

And he then claims all the VAT back.

No doubt he puts the monies saved in the collection plate of a Sunday!

This may not be the wright place to ask this but there seems to be allot of knowledge on pick ups so worth a shot I have a d40 navara which just before Christmas had front passenger wheel bearing go so I replaced it well a garage did yesterday I noticed play in the same wheel returned it to the garage wear they said bearing had failed again replaced it again for free saying it must have been a faulty part I can't help worrying there is some other reason it's gone thru two bearings in less than a month any ideas would be much appreciated as I am not mechanical at all :-(

Ok this isn't meant to offend anyone/owners of said trucks.

My other half consistently reminds me of how I "label" pick ups.

Now the question is this a local or national trend?

Mitsibushi l200's (usually animals) - Normally town vehicles, driven by blondes picking up there kids from school and being badly parked clearly when said man about the house is out working a 70-80hr week for there upkeep.

Nissan navara, Now these are a bit unpredictable and either appear to be driven by someone of supervisory status or towing an ifor Williams.

Ford Ranger, always a work truck. Beaten around and never cleaned, normally with a boxy ex utility fibreglass back.

Isuzu Rodeo, normally the sign of a new business starter, for some reason the long time business's stick with what they know so don't bother.

Older Hilux, yes I do logs :lol:

Newer hilux, Im a builder or work along construction lines.

The landrover 90/110/130 Im a farmer, a farmers son or like off roading. I don't care if its unreliable tho as its cheap to fix.

VW Amarok,Well lets just say they wont be seeing any mud anytime soon. Ive never seen a speck of dirt on one.

Ring bells in your locality? :001_rolleyes:

Where do you put the isuzu dmax in that.

A lot of what you said seems right

This may not be the wright place to ask this but there seems to be allot of knowledge on pick ups so worth a shot I have a d40 navara which just before Christmas had front passenger wheel bearing go so I replaced it well a garage did yesterday I noticed play in the same wheel returned it to the garage wear they said bearing had failed again replaced it again for free saying it must have been a faulty part I can't help worrying there is some other reason it's gone thru two bearings in less than a month any ideas would be much appreciated as I am not mechanical at all :-(

Can't they be over tightened when reassembled.

Sounds like that's what's happened in your case with it failing so quickly and garage been so quick to replace it with out fuss.

There's more drivel being spouted here than in the firewood forum.

How many have actually driven an Amarok? The automatics are THE BEST pickup on the market. I have driven them all, why else would I have paid the extra £3-5k to have one of these.

As for longevity, who cares I wont keep it more than two years anyway.

A couple of sticky photos from yesterday for those who have never seen one with mud on :)

<a href=IMG_1751_zps119b4c31.jpg' alt='IMG_1751_

IMG_1750_zps29071a99.jpg