Best mower with high lift box

Gadwiltshire

We are a machinery dealership based in Wiltshire, just outside Devizes and can give great prices on both Iseki and Kubota.

Personally I prefer the Iseki as there is some nice features over a Kubota. However a Kubota's are built very well, well priced and do a great job.

Iseki has better discharge / collection system and comes apparent if wet cutting.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im guessing you mean ride on with a budget of 12k... My vote is etesia. Currently got kubota but wish i hadent moved from etesia. Etesias will colect wet grass any weather, alu decks no rust and built like a tank, but best of all etesia are so helpfull with customer service. Otherwise id be looking at the john deers, x748... jd do have a new version out now which might be in your budget?

Have you seen how many front weights are fitted from Factory on the front of the new JD?! The COG when tipped is too far back, also the lift arms are very thin. Lift the collector up and rock it side to side. You'll see what I mean! However it'll sell because mr city boy who has a nice bit of land can tell everyone he's just bought a John Deere. Like what farmers have.... :001_tongue:

Kubota g series every time. Had 4 of them (g18,21,23 and 23) over the past 9 years and never had a problem with them. Change them for new regularly with low hours and in first class condition. Changing my 2012 machine with 350hrs next month if anyone interested.

Don't work in the rain then :001_tt2:

Iseki GSX 26

We tried most of the hi lift mowers last year and settled on the above as it ticked all the boxes for what we needed it for, one thing we did not like about the Etesia was that there was no deck offset.

Price was not a deciding factor, we ended up purchasing the demo machine which had 42 hrs on the clock for £10,500 inc vat.

Iseki GSX 26

We tried most of the hi lift mowers last year and settled on the above as it ticked all the boxes for what we needed it for, one thing we did not like about the Etesia was that there was no deck offset.

Price was not a deciding factor, we ended up purchasing the demo machine which had 42 hrs on the clock for £10,500 inc vat.

That's a good price who was that off if you don't mind me asking

There's a few models inside the SXG range.

SXG 216 - low dump only

SXG323 'Garden' low and high dump available

SXG323 'homologated' low and high dump available

SXG326 'Garden' low and high dump available

SXG326 'homologated' low and high dump available.

Garden is as it's sounds and only off road only. Homologated comes with proper handbrake, lights, number plate etc.

You can also have a flip up floor on the SXG high dump enabling cut and drop.

Basically the floor swings up and clips up against the back of the collector. Grass goes up into the collector as usual then drops onto the floor. Easiest way to know this is all flip up floor models have a rubber curtain around the bottom of the collector to stop any flying debris.

In addition to the SXG range you have the SFH range of witch we tried the SFH240, out front deck 4 wheel drive, very nice mower but having tried it for a few days we decided we did not need out front deck.

If you want a mulcher then look at the Husqvarna rider, we tested the P525 which is a fantastic machine but very pricey, if we could have used a mulcher on all our work this would have been the our first choice.

That's a good price who was that off if you don't mind me asking

Iseki's seem to be very well priced generally, I ended up with less power and narrower cut in a Kubota for similar money.

Still intend to have a G21 as soon as finances permit though!