Ringing potential customers on a Sunday

deezyboy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm mistaken, we all still need to eat and drink on a Sunday, I don't really care if I work a weekend for me if it's for my part time employer then I hate it,

I enjoy getting g out to drive and listen to the football on the radio in the motor,

And as mentioned more chance of catching people in.

I would far rather work over the weekend then have a day or / off during the week when the things you actually want to do are open- bank, car parts places, clay pigeon ground.

Majority of customers are happy to ring you, have you visit or work on a Sunday so why not.

update, went to see the tree, it was a scatty, ivy clad oak which he wants 'pollarded', have to drag brash garage, past garden shed, green house, chicken cages, past a scrap heap combined with the most amount of dog turds per sq ft of lawn I have ever seen. hmmmmm!

update, went to see the tree, it was a scatty, ivy clad oak which he wants 'pollarded', have to drag brash garage, past garden shed, green house, chicken cages, past a scrap heap combined with the most amount of dog turds per sq ft of lawn I have ever seen. hmmmmm!

Sounds like you need to add on the ivy tax, dog s@*t tax, through the garage tax, greenhouse tax etc, etc :001_tongue:

I'm all for a good work life balance, but why Sunday?? I prefer to take days off the suit me best, not stick to an antiquated throw back to a very different world. Once my children are grown up I think I will move to only working on dry days, which ever days they happen to be.

I really like the convenience of B&Q and many other retailers being open the extended hours they are, it freedom to pick and chose when I work or not.

Being a 7 day working week forces people to have less family time, usually on crappy zero hours contracts, usually on minimum wage, just so that they can scape a meagre existence. A family unit needs money, it also needs the parents to be there for their kids, to be able to go out as a family, be it church, seaside trips picnics or whatever. I'm in no way religious, but I'm a strong believer in the time a family needs together. This may be seen as old-fashioned, or antiquated, but it's what I believe. We started off with various official days off, with pay, these are now vanishing, and replaced with minimum wages, and the implied threat that you will be replaced by East European labour if you don't comply. Hardly good for a robust, content workforce. If you as a boss work on a Sunday, you then expect others to do the same, it's a vicious circle.

Sunday's: just another day to make money. If you need the business get on the blower and don't be shy.

Business is business.

As some have said before I tend to work around the lovely scottish weather. I try to maintain a good work life balance and mainly take Sunday/Monday morning off.

But i wouldn't worry about contacting folk at a reasonable time on a Sunday if you've missed them the day before👍