Ringing potential customers on a Sunday

deezyboy

Had a chap ring up back in the week and asked if I could ring him back on Saturday (yesterday) to say when I could come around to view a tree.

As Saturday jobs go, what was supposed to be a 2pm finish didn't finish until 5pm (whilst you're here, can you re split that, etc) and didn't get round to ringing him.

I didn't like to ring today being a Sunday, as my thought on it is it would be ok to ring if I knew the bloke fairly well, or if he had mentioned he was free sunday etc, but my friend was on the other side of the scale and doesnt believe that in this day in age, that sunday is a day of rest etc.

What are your views? I have nothing against working sundays, but didn't know what the majority's opinion would be?

Cheers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as ham, normally a good time to catch people in but always start by asking if it's convenient to talk, call in etc.

Often end up taking 1 of my kids out with me and combining a pricing run with a trip to swimming pool or ice cream place.

Same as ham, normally a good time to catch people in but always start by asking if it's convenient to talk, call in etc.

Often end up taking 1 of my kids out with me and combining a pricing run with a trip to swimming pool or ice cream place.

Nothing like having littlein with you to get a job.

I never used to but do think it is acceptable these days (phoning Sundays that is).

Dress them in rags and get them to ask if you get the job of the nice people will we be able to have bread with our water tonight, works every time;-)

But no seriously it s just a.case of fitting in pricing as and when around everything else including child care and thats true for client and contractors these days as we are a 7 days a week society now.