Crewcab or single cab?

Andyd1606

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fully loaded sugar beet wagon take the whole front off mine,even bent both front chassis rails and outer and inner wings,had to have the engine out to reweld/jig rails.came to over £8K and Gladwins had it in for 8 weeks.

Touch and go whether insurance were going to write it off but i told them if they did write off,i wanted it back as it took me 6 months to find it - 2 1/2 years old with 15k on clock.

Back on the road now though,watching out for mad lorry drivers.

That's it the van is normally worth more as a tool than the price the insurance company are willing to pay. Glad you got it sorted out though just watch out for the lorries especially on the back roads I know how they drive round this way!

Ty that's similar to the one I had it was already on my truck when I bought it and I took it off. I was worried about having saws and fuel and it all sliding about when it tipped. Maybe my paranoia just can't afford to break saws so it now sits in my lockup bolted down and all my tools I'm not using are stored in there

Sounds similar to mine the driver admitted to doing 40 in a 30 which probably means he was going faster than that! There's no chassis damage I've had a good look along the whole chassis. I think they have priced for a new buck and probably to get the truck on a jig just to double check chassis alignment other than that it's a new lightbar and lights and nothing else.

Looks like I'll be trawling auto trader and eBay for the right truck for a while and saving some money to get the best I can.

It just so happened that I was in the process of buying a Landy 110 as a project for a second vehicle in case this happens but I'll be using it for a while without sorting the tipping back.

I hadn't thought of a box under along the chassis but seems a good obvious place will have to google it and see what I can find. I have a security box which bolts on the buck but don't want to put tools in it then tip and they all get broken.

Bit of finance? My double cab has the locker on side rails (just for tonne bags) it's a shame you had accepted the 2k I would of point blank refused any money and for them to find me a like for like veihcle with body on Nd then we're talk, had a local garage wiling to write me a letter saying I was going to part x the van for X amount as another plan to get more. There's always plenty for sale it's finding a gooden, lucky having the landy.

Bit of finance? My double cab has the locker on side rails (just for tonne bags) it's a shame you had accepted the 2k I would of point blank refused any money and for them to find me a like for like veihcle with body on Nd then we're talk, had a local garage wiling to write me a letter saying I was going to part x the van for X amount as another plan to get more. There's always plenty for sale it's finding a gooden, lucky having the landy.

Yeah in hindsight I shouldn't have accepted the money that was me being naive been driving 16 years never had a claim wasn't sure of the process and ended up getting screwed really.

The good news is that I've put a deposit on another crew cab transit which I should be picking up on Sunday really clean 02 plate 75k on the clock and a 125hp rather than my old 90 so should pull its load a bit better.

Yeah in hindsight I shouldn't have accepted the money that was me being naive been driving 16 years never had a claim wasn't sure of the process and ended up getting screwed really.

The good news is that I've put a deposit on another crew cab transit which I should be picking up on Sunday really clean 02 plate 75k on the clock and a 125hp rather than my old 90 so should pull its load a bit better.

Onwards and upwards, that's good I heard you could chip the 90s upto 115? 90 is what I have. 125 will be my next buy. Is she local? Good mileage for year.