in the market for a kombi type tool... Which one?

Bigfellers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what its worth, I have found that most who start up in the tree or garden business buy kombi units purely because of cash-flow.

Most move on to stand alone units within a few years when cash-flow eases as they are more reliable than kombi units.

My advice would be to buy separates initially if finances allow.

I have a Husqvarna 327 kombi. Its fanastic revs realy nice the strimer and short hedge cutter are awsome very low vibs. I have gone back too stihl as local dealer is very good. The closest Husqvarna dealer whats worth going to is miles away. The pull start broke and the throtle cable snaped this is fine as its done lots of work I just got anoyed with it stopping me working and driving around waiting for parts. With Stihl my dorstep dealer is on it and I guess thats why every one has a Stihl!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

don't touch stihl kombi units I had a km130r with pole saw and headgetrimmer attachments witch the dealer raved about had it about 6 months heard a grinding noise from the gearbox then headge trimmer attachment stopped working so I took it back to the delear and it couldn't be fixed turns out if you buy the fixed shaft pole headge trimer it only goes up to the km 100 but if you get the kombi it goes up to the km130r witch is great for pole saw but the gears in the headgetrimmer cant cope with the extra power hope this helps

I have a Husky 327PT5S telescopic pole saw and bought the hedge cutter blade as a spare part off one of the Husky units (i forget which one) to go with it - simple 2 bolt swap over on the heads. Works really well for me but I don't go to full extension with the hedge cutter as the weight/balance becomes difficult. I also know it could result in a broken pole as it is not really designed for the weight of the hedge cutter head.

just buy a ryobi combi sounds like it will out last a stihl 4mix:001_tt2:

only kidding guys but i have a customer who has a ryobi and beats the stuffing out of it and still going strong even though a 1/2 crank engine he only uses stihl oil in it the green stuff

Edited by BILLSMOWERS

Km130 here, plenty of torque, insane pressure with the blower attachment.

I like tlittle space it takes in the van compared to standalone units.

If it dies, I replace only the powerhead instead of a whole piece.

I had to replace the clutch once.

Make sure to adjust the valve clearance before the 120hrs, easy 20 minute job, mine where completely out of spec.

Can imagine this leads to much premature failures.

I use only husqy xp oil, no isues and a shiny piston head.