in the market for a kombi type tool... Which one?

Bigfellers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Matty i have the stihl kombi km100 4 mix with the saw/hedge cutter and strimmer head i know a lot of people have had problems with these. I brought mine new 2010 and had running problems after six months hard use fitted a new plug and air filter and still do this every five six months and never had any starting or running problems.I like this system as it all fits in my single cab pickup away from preying eyes.

Just bought a Stihl FS-94 its a strimmer but I just undo the two torx bolts on the Hedge Cutter, Pole Saw and Strimmer to sawp them over it could not be easier. After using a stihl kM 100r 4 MIX I Started to think very poorly of Stihl. Being two stroke the FS-94 is light, starts easy, revs smoothly. Every thing the 4 MIX Is not. I would highly recommend the FS-94. Time has yet to tell its durability!

km130r, had mine about 6-8years. it developed a sputtering bogging down fault after four years, dealers did numerous things but after two months back to same problem. I ended up drilling two 4mm holes in exhaust system, and it doesn't miss a beat now. eu regs depict that manufacturers have to comply by this and that and its been a hard task for some to adapt their machines to comply. however, my km with fibre glass extension shaft hedge cutter and saw head is very effective within my business. the extra power of 130r really does cut the mustard when it comes to shaping up a hawthorn hedge or crown lifting some of the harder woods in the uk. the grey plastic inserts in the end wear out and cause the heads to twist a little but easily sourced and relatively cheap. was told by a sthl dealer to only use hp ultra (green oil) as a oil mix for four mix engines. use it in all machines now, works well in my experience.