Which Backpack sprayer

Dean Lofthouse

£100 notes+vat for a sprayer...ouch..

iv got one of the cheapys and it does every thing it has to..

been bashed around the van thrown all over...:scared1:

try this one dean.. i know there not the best, but they only do 1 job....

give gustharts a ring im sure they can do it cheaper

Knapsack 16L Sprayer

Only £35.16

(excluding VAT)

(Part No: 518769)

Oregon 16 litre knapsack pressure sprayer. An efficient way to handle those bigger spraying, cleaning and disinfecting jobs. At a snip of a price.

Includes

Wand sprayer

Seperate nozzles for jet or fan spray

Comfort shoulder strap

washer kit

instruction sheet

16 litre capacity tank

easy to use

lever pump action

OregonSprayer.jpg.e70e0b916bc57151db0798d3a448f828.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a decent knapsack, that works well and will stand the test of time, with regular usage in a professional capacity you need either a Berthoud, a Solo or a Coupar Pegler - Have used all the cheap ones and they break..

Out of the lot of them I have settled with the Berthoud..... you just won't go wrong with them.

I service and sold tools and equipment for 15 years so know most of the ins and outs of price versus quality.

I am a nightmare for only buying quality well build gear, the fact that some of my gear has fallen over or had chipping feed problems is not testement to my lack of knowledge :001_tongue:

Seriously, I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and I am going to go for the Berthoud.

Can you get hold of them Justin as I would rather go through you than someone else, excuse the pun :001_smile:

I use CP sprayers most days managing new woodland and spot treating grazing land. I have to agree that you don't seem to get much for your money with a new one but.... I have two stockists within 2 miles so spares and accessories are never an issue.

On a technical note I doubt anyone could comply with DEFRA rules with a cheap sprayer as the pressures are all over the place and the spray nozzle is a one size fits all and usually totally unsuitable for roundup.

On a practicle note the worst thing about cheap sprayers is the amount of overrun - on some I have used it can take a few seconds to stop which drives you mad. Even if they shut off quickly most still dribble.

It will no doubt cost more to fix the CP than buy a cheap sprayer but I know which I would choose!

I have the CP 15 and its superb!! I bought it to replace a 20L Hozelock. The CP is a much better sprayer, with its valve to keep the pressure constant and spare parts easily accessible...the only thing that annoys me is that the lance holder on the side of the tank is crap....you clip the lance in, put the sprayer on the shelf in the yard and then the lance falls off!! does it every time!! Other than that i reccomend the CP15

Dean,

If you want a sprayer go for a solo. Been using them for 15 years. Had one Cooper Pegler, (never again) The 15l solo is far far better than its Cooper Pegler counterpart. About £90 plus VAT. never used Bastion. Don't go for a 20l one as too heavy

1 The solo is curved and fits your back perfectly. CP is straight and uncomfortable. If you use all day this is most important

2 The solo will stand up when you fill it , The CP will fall over if you fart, most annoying

3 Solo lance is bendy. CP is brittle and easily snapped if you trap it . An extension lance is a good idea, about £15

4 Solo is reasonably clear so you can tell how much is in it . CP you can't do this