Which Backpack sprayer

Dean Lofthouse

Justin or "Jonesie" phoned agratech on my behalf today and did some research for me, he spoke to a guy there that is well versed in the technical aspect of all the sprayers

I'll phone them tomorrow and order from them, many thanks Jonesie for going above and beyond the call of duty to help, very much appreciated..

I'm going to buy the Berthoud 2000 Pro Comfort, take off the trigger mechanism and replace with a new CP trigger unit

• 6 years later...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Solo do you have?

They're alot cheaper than Berthouds!

15l 425 model. I had a few of them, but they all developed leaks on the piston, albeit after a lot of use. still a great sprayer and given the choice between solo and cp, I'd go for the solo every day.

But berthoud is my preferred choice. Let down only by a crappy filler cap and a filter that wants to jump out of the sprayer every time you fill it with water.

• 10 months later...

Apols for bumping again,

BUT need to get a knapsack pronto for occasional spraying round the farm. Trawl of threads on here and elsewhere indicates...

Berthoud: User straw poll here indicates these are No 1 by some margin, but at £160 (inc vat) not the cheapest.

Cooper Pegler: Not far behind and a tad cheaper.

Solo: Mixed reports. Bit cheaper at ~ £110. Quite a few supporters but leaks seem to be a problem.

Stihl: A few favourable reports of these, only 12Ltr but a LOT cheaper, £55 at Jonesie. Is there a catch..??

Jacto / Shindaiwa: It seems these are the same, the odd favourable review, cheaper than some at £100.

Any Comments / Additions Please!!

TIA

Edited by RealEstate

I have 2, both 15l yellow ones. Can find out the model tomorrow if you wish. Been spraying bracken with them today, and for the last fortnight. No problems at all. The extendable lance comes as standard with them. I think it's an extra with other sprayers.