Firewood, sell in bulk or mill?

stoff101

Hi all.

So my Business partner and I have been up and running since last July, and keeping surprisingly busy.

My question is,now we have so much wood coming in (all be it a variety) what should we do with it?

We have a log splitter and space to store logs and a bandsaw for milling. Failing that we could just sell all our wood in bulk to a firewood supplier Whats the best idea?

I have no problem storing wood to be milled or split for logs, but is it really worh the agro?

Depends upon your costs (duh) :001_tongue:

Work out the costs of everything- raw products, finished products, and your best estimate for the real world cost to process it. There you go. Cost the time as if you were paying someone with the right skill set to do it. Often there's as much profit in getting rid of it for beer money as there is turning it into logs, if you're small scale and realistic about real world costs.

A crystal ball would help, but if you had one of them you'd be trading futures rather than messing about with wood :lol: