Ebay add that smells funny

Bluedog

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't post that much on here I know but I thought I'd just point everyone in the direction of this ebay add. I buy a lot of stuff from ebay and sell quite a bit too so you get a feel for ads on there but this just doesn't smell right so I thought I'd share it in case anyone recognises the kit. The seller claims they bought the job lot from a "car boot".... Perfect cover story pattern for stolen kit.

Arborist Climbing Rigging Joblot | eBay

Read their description, you'll see what I mean.

I recon the car boot sale bit is made up and I recon he did that to cover the fact that he got it all out of the LOLER fail bin:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:

Its about five minutes away from me.

It seems a little odd to me that he uses a few words that most members of the public would be unfamiliar, prussic,flipline,krab,silky. Of course he may have asked a climber to identify the gear he's selling,or he could be a climber himself,but i have to agree it looks a bit dodgy,and it could be a fellow arbtalkers tools of his trade.

I reckon it's a climber trying to get a few quid for their pensioned off kit. :001_rolleyes:

No one who knows anything bout tree work/climbing won't touch it, but may be bits and pieces for someone who wants to start.most of it Looks a load of over used crap.

It seems a little odd to me that he uses a few words that most members of the public would be unfamiliar, prussic,flipline,krab,silky. Of course he may have asked a climber to identify the gear he's selling,or he could be a climber himself,but i have to agree it looks a bit dodgy,and it could be a fellow arbtalkers tools of his trade.

If your kit looks that bad its time to sell it on ebay:laugh1: