Ebay add that smells funny

Bluedog

Don't post that much on here I know but I thought I'd just point everyone in the direction of this ebay add. I buy a lot of stuff from ebay and sell quite a bit too so you get a feel for ads on there but this just doesn't smell right so I thought I'd share it in case anyone recognises the kit. The seller claims they bought the job lot from a "car boot".... Perfect cover story pattern for stolen kit.

Arborist Climbing Rigging Joblot | eBay

Read their description, you'll see what I mean.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't post that much on here I know but I thought I'd just point everyone in the direction of this ebay add. I buy a lot of stuff from ebay and sell quite a bit too so you get a feel for ads on there but this just doesn't smell right so I thought I'd share it in case anyone recognises the kit. The seller claims they bought the job lot from a "car boot".... Perfect cover story pattern for stolen kit.

Arborist Climbing Rigging Joblot | eBay

Read their description, you'll see what I mean.

Just send him a message ref if you won auction or offerd cash price could you collect to save the postage.

it may very well be genuine but i question as to where the boot seller got it from.

That's assuming they actually got it from a car boot. It's always an easy cop out to say, "well there was this bloke at a completely untraceable car boot who was selling it so I bought it, even though I've got no idea what most of it does"

Just smelt a bit suspect to me.

That's assuming they actually got it from a car boot. It's always an easy cop out to say, "well there was this bloke at a completely untraceable car boot who was selling it so I bought it, even though I've got no idea what most of it does"

Just smelt a bit suspect to me.

Good to post mate could be part of a haul someone has lost and recognises these bits from it...

Good to post mate could be part of a haul someone has lost and recognises these bits from it...

I had a hilux full of fencing tools stolen from a field once, I was in the tractor on the other side of the field and didn't see who cleaned me out but some of the tools turned up for sale in a local pub (pre gumtree/ebay days) and it was a sickening feeling, we all work hard for our tools and it's just a small(ish) group of people who ruin it for everyone.