Louvred Log Store

pembswoodrecycling

The problem with building woodstores is that it costs almost the same for a small one as a large one. I do a 20 cube store like this in douglas fir for about £1300 (minus the gate), but one half the size is a lot more than half the price. I also cut my own timber, which does keep the price down.

1977476_10152691198058136_1411602474_n.jpg?oh=18b67048c26fb388c93ca620163366c5&oe=552CD91F

I don't think you'll have any problem shifting them at £320 - it's a beautifully built store, which will appeal to the same people that spend £3k on a stove installation and think nothing of spending £100 on a cube of firewood. Different markets.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem with building woodstores is that it costs almost the same for a small one as a large one. I do a 20 cube store like this in douglas fir for about £1300 (minus the gate), but one half the size is a lot more than half the price. I also cut my own timber, which does keep the price down.

I don't think you'll have any problem shifting them at £320 - it's a beautifully built store, which will appeal to the same people that spend £3k on a stove installation and think nothing of spending £100 on a cube of firewood. Different markets.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say there, ive build sheds a bit like that. It looks great, and I bet it works very well.

Most of my log customers are retired and quite well off with manicured lawns etc. I wanted to build something that would fit in.

It will fit 1 cube.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say there, ive build sheds a bit like that. It looks great, and I bet it works very well.

Most of my log customers are retired and quite well off with manicured lawns etc. I wanted to build something that would fit in.

It will fit 1 cube.

It does. That's my store at home. Get through it 1.5 times in a winter! :laugh1:

My local shed company sells wood stores. Not as pretty as yours, but solidly built, and the back comes as standard, as does roofing felt. The smaller size (will hold a cubic yard) is only £199.

So at that price, you're looking at the posh end of the market, rather than at somebody who doesn't mind a shed sitting on their patio.

My local shed company sells wood stores. Not as pretty as yours, but solidly built, and the back comes as standard, as does roofing felt. The smaller size (will hold a cubic yard) is only £199.

So at that price, you're looking at the posh end of the market, rather than at somebody who doesn't mind a shed sitting on their patio.

I would argue that anyone who burns wood and only purchases a cubic metre at a time is at the posh end of the market! :laugh1:

I like that a lot. I've got multiple wood stores throughout the garden. A single large one like that would really tidy the place up! Time to get the tape measure out again :001_cool: