The end of firewood?

Joy Yeomans

There still cutting as much as ever but have vast amounts hanging around the price of hardwood cord is dropping slowly soft wood going up. It will even out oil will not remain low for long it's just all fallen wrong for us this season

HI LGW your right there about how the prices of oil have fallen HAPPY YEAR TO YOU LGW:thumbup: AND YOU:thumbup: JOY JON :thumbup:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil prices won't remain low for long it is only a matter of a short time. Loads of people keep buying log burners so will need wood to burn on them. The problem is that a lot of women don't like the slight dust you get with a log burner. I for one will keep burning logs as long as I am fit enough to get them

What makes you guys so confident that oil prices will rise soon???????

The only way prices will stop falling is if the government decides to increase the Tax on the finished product, which regrettably talk abounds now since the Feds don't want to be slighted:sneaky2: My opinion from the other side of the pond.

Happy New Year.

easy-lift guy

And then when the saudis have extracted all of their cheap oil, losing money as they do it, the yanks and the russians will be laughing all the way to the bank as they will be the only ones with any oil left and will be able to name their price. Bring it on I say, as then firewood and renewables prices will go through the roof.

Better start filling the yard with cord now me thinks.:lol:

Local oil rep told me the saudis have a five year plan to keep oil low to put people off that have more cost involved in extracting there oil from bothering. Dont know how true it is

I agree with your local oil rep. It has been reported here Stateside the SA has at least 1 Trillion in USD in reserves. There is an oil war on right now and the first country on the chopping block will be Russia. SA can afford to sell their crude at a lower price for up to 5 years while not effecting the standard of living for the country as a whole. Meanwhile the fracking companies here in the US are keeping very tight lipped about their breakeven point to produce a barrel of crude by way of fracking. If the House of Saudi can wear down and out the supply over the next 5 years from the US they may regain control of the cartel that is quickly slipping out of their hands:thumbup1:. I don't see that happening.

easy-lift guy