The end of firewood?

Joy Yeomans

I think the biggest thing that is keeping the log trade down is 24 months of mild weather. a good 4 weeks of freezing weather will clear out some of the stock pile left from panic buying years ago. Most people that buy logs only plan 3 days in advance especially if they have central heating as well.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you people really do think the world is far more organised and controlled than it really is :lol:

My understanding is that China had a sprinting economy, the world producers of raw materials, oil, coal, steel, etc, had geared up to meet the high demand that China was demanding. Unfortunately (or not depending on your point of view) China has stalled and the rest of the world economies are pretty much treading water, so supply is way out stripping demand, that leads to only one thing, falling prices.

The whole world was riding a huge bubble, things were way overpriced, the bubble popped a few years back, resulting in the recession we have just come out of, I think oil is just a slow reactor, its only just caught up, personally I'd plan for low oil prices for many years to come.

Local oil rep told me the saudis have a five year plan to keep oil low to put people off that have more cost involved in extracting there oil from bothering. Dont know how true it is

That rings true. The current low prices are due to over supply (like milk mendiplogs!) and that's happened because OPEC (largest member by far = Saudi) refused to cut supply.

We may not like their alleged plans but if we were in the same position would we do any different?

Happy New Year to you all.

Jon

And then when the saudis have extracted all of their cheap oil, losing money as they do it, the yanks and the russians will be laughing all the way to the bank as they will be the only ones with any oil left and will be able to name their price. Bring it on I say, as then firewood and renewables prices will go through the roof.

Better start filling the yard with cord now me thinks.:lol:

Would you like to buy some of my cord Mike?

I think the biggest thing that is keeping the log trade down is 24 months of mild weather. a good 4 weeks of freezing weather will clear out some of the stock pile left from panic buying years ago. Most people that buy logs only plan 3 days in advance especially if they have central heating as well.

HI STEVE HAPPY NEW YEAR TO AND YOUR BROTHER WE SEEN AT TUCKERS:thumbup1: re heating oil ive just looked on line best price i get was 40p per lt ALL SO now theres loads more have a go log man out there and people just taking it from the woods to it all MAD :lol:thanks jon :thumbup:

it was bound to happen ,

everybody and there dog is trying to sell firewood these days and the only thing that happens is the price of firewood goes down ,its now cheaper than it was a couple of years ago,

for those of us that are in it for the long term i say its about time and get rid of the band wagon jumpers , just have a look on ebay at the amount of second hand processors that have done little work,

i have a friend who has just put in a gas/wood burner because it was cheaper/ cleaner / easier to look after

i think there will be a load of second hand wood burners for sale as well, when people see just how much wood they are burning

happy new year to you all :biggrin:

They are obviously not that powerful or the price would not have dropped.

I fracking come in, prices could well stay low for a good while, IMO.

Of cause it would those powerful company's are Anglo American they want to bring Russia to it's knees what better way to do it.

Once Russia is crippled watch the price of oil rocket up past it's original mark.