is a timber Croc worth the money

ltec

Another vote for the portek.

I bought mine for a nasty job cutting sub 6 inch coppice poles up for a customer, changed what would have been a totally horrible job into a pleasant, efficient process.

I've often thought about buying another one and bolting then together so that I can put much longer/heavier timber in it.

I can get a wheelbarrow under it but they fill up far too quickly. I might experiment with a trimmed down IBC crate when I've sorted front forks for my loader.

Well worth the money!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
TIMBERCROC.COM

Our flagship product, The Timber Croc Log Holder is designed and manufactured in Ireland and is...

Old thread - anymore experience of the timber croc? Are the cheaper ones as good or just crocs of shit?

For small scale firewood processing ( not requiring splitting) would a timber croc type and chainsaw be faster than using a circular saw ( with 'moving bench' type).. personally I'm thinking chainsaw be quicker for small stuff??

Considering a branch logger which looks quickest by a long way- just that's a lot of sticks to get the money back on cost. Crytec one bigger engine and much cheaper than the Eastern European ones- but they seem to sell stuff for a while then discontinue?? Parts maybe an issue..

I was ringing up a load of logs for a guy after bringing them down, he had a timbercroc. Worked great on longer skinny bits, was less worth it the heavier the sticks got. The multiple teeth thing is a good idea, works as intended. 

I don't know if I'd personally fork out for one though, especially if the logs are already in a decent pile and can be cut in situ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richyrich said:
TIMBERCROC.COM

Our flagship product, The Timber Croc Log Holder is designed and manufactured in Ireland and is...

Old thread - anymore experience of the timber croc? Are the cheaper ones as good or just crocs of shit?

For small scale firewood processing ( not requiring splitting) would a timber croc type and chainsaw be faster than using a circular saw ( with 'moving bench' type).. personally I'm thinking chainsaw be quicker for small stuff??

Considering a branch logger which looks quickest by a long way- just that's a lot of sticks to get the money back on cost. Crytec one bigger engine and much cheaper than the Eastern European ones- but they seem to sell stuff for a while then discontinue?? Parts maybe an issue..

I bought a timbercroc last year, it's good, works really well. Just jam any old bit of wood in and it holds it solid.

If you're a lot to do though it would be a bit tedious picking all the bits of wood up off the ground. Circular saw bench you can park a barrow at the side and catch the logs in it.

• Thanks 1

I have got one and think it is great. Holds any diameter up to about 10" i think it is, really well, and is fast to use. if you are worried about picking the logs up, put some sort of trolley underneath to catch them.

FAR better than all the cheap copies i would think and not exactly expensive either.

john..

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stere said:

Think the oregon type design or a homemade version the same  from wood is better just chuck a whole pile in an then cut all  at once.

Why cut one at a time?

Good for a load of thin branches etc

Oregon Saw Horse | Mac Plant Sales

Good idea, not seen them before 👍