How much should a Foreman earn?

beechwood

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo, how much should a foreman earn?

I agree with the above though, a good climber doesn't necessarily make a good team leader, and vice versa. I consider myself a reasonable climber, no more or less, and I'm pretty good with sharing the little I know with newer climbers. I'm a poor team leader though, and seem to be more pally with the newer guys, rather than being harsh when it's needed.

Johnp summed it up!........ If you are good at what you do, you do one of two things. Run your own show or sub in as and when you want to.

I think the money being offered sounds alright depending what is expected. I'm not in your trade but what I read on here is climbing is hard on the body, is the op looking for somebody to climb day in day out?........ It might not be such a good thing if that's the case.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread, lots of good points. I'm a subbie climber from Kent. I spend about 4 months abroad contracting each year going for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. My wage I would say is high because of this. Last years return I made 37k profit, With around 10k expenses on top, I get a few private jobs on the side and the odd days cash also.

I recently got offered a job with a really good company for 36k a year and a company car. A good wage.

Arguably I'd be better off taking the job, as I'd get payed time off to do some contracting etc as well.

However though being a subbie is so varied and that to me, and I'm sure most subbies is what it's all about. Id take a guess that this is why you might struggle to fill the vacancy you have.

It's nice to know that employers are finally realising that re numeration is important and that in order to get the right people they have to pay them right.

This is a great thread, lots of good points. I'm a subbie climber from Kent. I spend about 4 months abroad contracting each year going for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. My wage I would say is high because of this. Last years return I made 37k profit, With around 10k expenses on top, I get a few private jobs on the side and the odd days cash also.

I recently got offered a job with a really good company for 36k a year and a company car. A good wage.

Arguably I'd be better off taking the job, as I'd get payed time off to do some contracting etc as well.

However though being a subbie is so varied and that to me, and I'm sure most subbies is what it's all about. Id take a guess that this is why you might struggle to fill the vacancy you have.

It's nice to know that employers are finally realising that re numeration is important and that in order to get the right people they have to pay them right.

Good post Aaron!