How much should a Foreman earn?

beechwood

I run a AAAC in Berkshire/Oxfordshire and I have been trying to employ 3 new Foreman over the last couple of months but have had a very few responses.

Only 1 good one who is coming for trial in new year.

Despite offering what I thought was a good package

PAYEE

£100-140per day (8hr day (7on site 1in yard)) (dependent on ability and qualifications)

20 days holiday plus Bank holidays

Paid driving hours to and from site

Mobile phone allowance and Climbing kit allowance

All PPE and company clothing provided

Bonus scheme for extra works completed

Before I re advertised I wanted to gauge the opinion of Arbtalk about what wages are expected

So for an average foreman on the books with min 3+years of experience running a crew and min 30/31/38/39/chipper hopefully with 32/41/MEWP/CSCS/1stAid/Streetworks/formal ARB qualification

What would you pay/expect to be paid?

And where in the country are you?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I thought.

Would do foreman earn in your part of the country ?

It's getting to the point with the more exspearianced guys you are looking for that the fact more money in there pocket means more then providing kit as a lot of guys have there own and prefer to buy when they feel like it.

I would Regig your advert and offer more per day and leave the kit temptation. Try offering £170/£180 day rate. If you a foreman you want to be paid for the extra responsibility. I would be more tempted by the day rate/ weekly wage rather then the kit being provided. But that's just me. Good luck it's gor to be worth ago:thumbup:

Not what your paying, that's a subbie climber day rate so to be employed on that is very good.

Hodge where are you based?

Subbie climbers around here are charging £150-190 and some cases £250!!

I prefer to have regular guys on the books so I can plan my schedule and my customers get used to familiar faces.

Come on what's your opinion on the going rate in your area?

Hodge where are you based?

Subbie climbers around here are charging £150-190 and some cases £250!!

I prefer to have regular guys on the books so I can plan my schedule and my customers get used to familiar faces.

Come on what's your opinion on the going rate in your area?

£150 bout average what I pay £190 would want climber and brash dragged for that per day. And £250 I would want climber,brash dragged and chipper. £190/£250 that's very good money. I'am baseds in the Midlands.

It's getting to the point with the more exspearianced guys you are looking for that the fact more money in there pocket means more then providing kit as a lot of guys have there own and prefer to buy when they feel like it.

I would Regig your advert and offer more per day and leave the kit temptation. Try offering £170/£180 day rate. If you a foreman you want to be paid for the extra responsibility. I would be more tempted by the day rate/ weekly wage rather then the kit being provided. But that's just me. Good luck it's gor to be worth ago:thumbup:

Wow that's £44,200-46,800 a year. That's a hell of of a salary for a foreman.

Did you mean self employed or on the books?

Thanks for your input

Regards Neil

Wow that's £44,200-46,800 a year. That's a hell of of a salary for a foreman.

Did you mean self employed or on the books?

Thanks for your input

Regards Neil

Depends on what suits you an the guy you looking for,yes sounds a lot when you look at it that way but if you not supplying kit ect you could problem knock a few grand off that total. You got to pay for quality and offer something different to tempt the right staff. They represent you and what you stand for.