Stihl ms 181c-be

135man

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going getting a new saw and had a look at this saw what are they like I'm a newbie with chainsaws normally get a fella in to cut wood for me but would like to cut for myself when needed thanks

If you have to go with a cheap Stihl, at least go to the 211, and make sure you are not getting a c-be version!

PM sent in two parts.

"Secret posts":confused1: - this hardly can be very secret, as it is about cheap saws anyway?????

I don't know what your intension is, but the way you do it isn't a good sign......

Edited by SawTroll

Ok. I apologise for my actions in this case. The PMs in question are not nefarious. I only sought to inform the OP of my gathered thoughts, data & personal opinions. And that if posted openly, could serve to dilute the overall thread.

As to stating that I'd sent a PM. In the past, I rarely if ever checked my mailbox. So without being told, I rarely noticed that someone was trying to contact me or had sent info my way. I'm not saying everyone is/was like me in that respect, only that there could be a possibility.

Ok. I apologise for my actions in this case. The PMs in question are not nefarious. I only sought to inform the OP of my gathered thoughts, data & personal opinions. And that if posted openly, could serve to dilute the overall thread.

As to stating that I'd sent a PM. In the past, I rarely if ever checked my mailbox. So without being told, I rarely noticed that someone was trying to contact me or had sent info my way. I'm not saying everyone is/was like me in that respect, only that there could be a possibility.

Yes, found this a good way of communicating without the usual stihl/husky/ mines better than yours debate TGB :thumbup1:

Also bumps the OPs question to get more input from other folks. IMO.

If you have to go with a cheap Stihl, at least go to the 211, and make sure you are not getting a c-be version!

135MAN - I'll explain this post as you are new to the forum.

The B in C-BE means that the chain tension can be adjusted with out tools.

However I've found it requires more adjustment than the conventional arrangement.Others have found they soon start slipping with constant use.

The 35cc MS211 is the same weight as the 32cc MS181 but more power.

So don't buy C-BE, buy cc's :thumbup1: