makita ea6100

markrufrider

Hi J, how are you finding your 9010, that i believe you got a few months ago ?

Not bad at all really. It's just a big grunting lump, and on a 30" bar is ideal for cross cutting at the yard. I think the problem is that like any saw, it's only as good as the sharpening. Given that much of the timber is pretty gritty, the edge on it isn't as good as it would be if I was felling more often. I prefer the DCS7901, and rate it as a better saw, but if you need a simple and affordable 90cc saw, I'd recommend the 9010.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad at all really. It's just a big grunting lump, and on a 30" bar is ideal for cross cutting at the yard. I think the problem is that like any saw, it's only as good as the sharpening. Given that much of the timber is pretty gritty, the edge on it isn't as good as it would be if I was felling more often. I prefer the DCS7901, and rate it as a better saw, but if you need a simple and affordable 90cc saw, I'd recommend the 9010.

I agree, i initially was going to get the dcs7900, but when i saw that the 9010 was only about £30 more, i just thought sod it and ordered that instead. Mine will get a good workout for the first time this weekend cutting up a decent turkey oak.

I'd be interested to see it, but the new generation of Makitas seem to have become heavier, less powerful and their vibration stats aren't that competitive. Plus they are also now electronic, so the argument for a simpler saw to maintain is gone as well.

I can also only find it £32 cheaper than the 560xp.

What the?!

Deffo not electronic. 6100 is 500g lighter than an 036 so suitable for puddys for starters. £100 cheaper I think too, vibes? Nah!

If you want a slower, heavier and less agile 60cc saw - be my guest, and get a 6100! :001_smile:

hahaha :lol:

how about one that holds itself together for over 3 hours huh?! :001_tongue:

What the?!

Deffo not electronic. 6100 is 500g lighter than an 036 so suitable for puddys for starters. £100 cheaper I think too, vibes? Nah!

hahaha :lol:

how about one that holds itself together for over 3 hours huh?! :001_tongue:

As I said, my mistake. I looked over the new range of Makitas a little while ago (no longer DCS but EA) and saw stratofied charge engines and assumed electronics.

I did have an MS361 for a while, that was a nice saw. If the 6100 is anything like it, it would be a winner.

Don't want to hijack the thread but I was thinking of getting a 576 or 372 but looking on the web I found a makita dcs9010 (90cc) for just a little more anyone have experience of this saw? What the reliability like and off the shelf parts fit as in bars chains sprockets or do these need to be makita/dolmar ordered in?

I know I'm being a bit of a snob but I'd prefer the dolmar equivalent

Don't want to hijack the thread but I was thinking of getting a 576 or 372 but looking on the web I found a makita dcs9010 (90cc) for just a little more anyone have experience of this saw? What the reliability like and off the shelf parts fit as in bars chains sprockets or do these need to be makita/dolmar ordered in?

I know I'm being a bit of a snob but I'd prefer the dolmar equivalent

Ive just got a 9010, and find it a bit of a beast, heavy and built like a tank with a simple engine. There are other threads on here with more info.

Ive just got a 9010, and find it a bit of a beast, heavy and built like a tank with a simple engine. There are other threads on here with more info.

Have you had to replace any parts on it if so was it a ball ache, just asking as 9/10 if something beaks on my huskys or stihl I can get parts from the dealers straight away. I don't mind wating for the units parts it's bars and sprockets wouldn't like waiting for

as Harvey and Blg J said it's a big old saw not as agile as some but built like a tank i have a photo on the chainsaw photo thread i think its on page 26

i have one here and i love the old hammer its totally old skool i can get parts very easy and fairly quickly if needed my prices for this saw are dearer than the makita version

but the EU version of this saw comes with d033 bar mounts i have the conversion kit that you can use D009 mounts so your options are varied and any large husqvarna bars will fit

iam sure mr SAW TROLL likes this saw :001_smile: