bedford appreciation society

stihllearning

We have owned a dozen Bedfords over the past years on the farm ranging from S type 4 wheel drive to TKs and i took my HGV 1Test in a TM .

The S Type was the first truck i drove has a 12 year old kid on the farm and what a experience , if any body knows this model then you know that your elbows would get battered from changing gear and the steering wheel was the size of a Ferris wheel .

Must try and dig some old photos out .

Ste

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two MK`s one still in use and the other festering in the corner of the yard. The bowser is a civvy twin wheeler and has been in regular use plant and tree watering. On the ex army one I have fitted a Fassi crane to it and a TL500 turbo engine with a coach 5speed overdrive gearbox with power steering ( luxury). This is work in progress and the cab needs to go back on. I will dig out some picks of it.

imagejpg1_zps1570fe88.jpg

The old girl out this year saving this new turf on a playing field.

imagejpg2_zps2a10b512.jpg

imagejpg1_zps61ab2e6f.jpg

I have two MK`s one still in use and the other festering in the corner of the yard. The bowser is a civvy twin wheeler and has been in regular use plant and tree watering. On the ex army one I have fitted a Fassi crane to it and a TL500 turbo engine with a coach 5speed overdrive gearbox with power steering ( luxury). This is work in progress and the cab needs to go back on. I will dig out some picks of it.

imagejpg1_zps1570fe88.jpg

The old girl out this year saving this new turf on a playing field.

imagejpg2_zps2a10b512.jpg

imagejpg1_zps61ab2e6f.jpg

One of those massive zf gear boxes or a turner?

• 1 year later...

ooh I do like a nice Bedford ......

So do I but,my appreciation is of the CF.Unfortunately I don't think they made specific arb trucks out of them.I haven't come across any pictures amongst the club collection anyway.Ordinary pick ups that individually could have been converted were abundant & I know some had cherry pickers fitted.

A the old bedfords mk / mj or sometimes known as robert redfords . A mans truck no fancy stuff in him . But done the job . Grear fun to drive .it was a work out before you got to job . And the roof hatch great in the summer (air con ) Remembering hiting kerb to get her out of four wheel drive . When she was retired from tree work the owner gave it to his local sailing club to pull trailers up the slipway

she still there but in a sorry state

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to ripping into the old MK bowser, its time for a refurb after many years of service. Intentions are to fit a crane, winch and make various bodies like tipper, timber bolsters and bowser detachable on twistlocks.

image.jpg1_zps7cnnfvjf.jpg

I am looking for a pto for the drivers side of a turner 5 speed box. Anyone??

Serial plate

image.jpg1_zps7ggqrgyo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sub chassis, crane mounts and twist locks are on. All things being equal the crane should be able to self load the three different bodies on as and when. Next week Mick`s fitting up the tipper gear and making the timber bolsters.

image.jpg1_zpsl0jnaxed.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsay73tal6.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsa2emayf8.jpg