Bottled it!

pault

You came home safe, sounds to me like you made the right decision. Not always easy to say no! I refused to do one once, was booked in for a week or so later with a mewp, it didn't need the mewp as we just had to clear up the tree on the deck. I was having similar thoughts. Yours may have been fine but it was an unknown, therefore unacceptable risk.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd say the bottom line is...

By not climbing it in those conditions the outcome (your safety) is certain.

Had you climbed it the outcome was very UNcertain.

We need to know what happened next!

Funny how their lack of appropriate kit led them to expect you to take a risk.

Dont get me wrong they are great guys to work for and usually very accepting of peoples opinions which is why i found it strange that he would act like that. I know i made the right choice by not climbing but theres always that feeling that youve let them down and run the risk of losing work in the future. Think he was just pissed off that he had to do it, thats why told me to leave. Oh well theres always another day.

Dont get me wrong they are great guys to work for and usually very accepting of peoples opinions which is why i found it strange that he would act like that. I know i made the right choice by not climbing but theres always that feeling that youve let them down and run the risk of losing work in the future. Think he was just pissed off that he had to do it, thats why told me to leave. Oh well theres always another day.

That's exactly it! You made sure there will be other days.

Someone once siad to me 'Don't make today your last day':thumbup:

safety first in my eyes regardless of what sate the tree is in if you don't feel safe then you are more likely to make mistakes as your mind is not on the job 100% as you are thinking about other things i have bottled out of a tree before only got 1 years exp but if you don't feel comfortable doing it then don't do it simple as that its all experience and learning in the long run

If you didn't want to do it fair enough.

Thing is every day we do do things that give us the heebies or go against our instincts.

Even hanging off a rope into space at height still clenches my guts after 25 years.

You'll get plenty of support on here, but none of them pay your wages.

If you didn't want to do it fair enough.

Thing is every day we do do things that give us the heebies or go against our instincts.

Even hanging off a rope into space at height still clenches my guts after 25 years.

You'll get plenty of support on here, but none of them pay your wages.

Who pays your wages when you are dead?:confused1:

Its funny, I've never come across a tree I would not climb, "if it stood up in the last gail, it'll be fine!!"

But now my eldest son it joining me in the Co, he's doing his climbing tickets, do I want him to climb "any tree"?????????????? makes me think??????